ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa HMO Accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa advice needed

Post by dennis2021f » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:20 pm

Hi all,

Please need some advice regarding a spousal visa i am trying to apply for my wife. We got married last week.

(1) We have a marriage certificate but on the marriage certificate the address used is my address in India not the UK. Does this matter ?
(2) Also on the marriage certificate, the occupation was put as operations manager this was entered in error. My letter of employment is Area Manager. I do not have problem meeting the salary requirement.

(3) I leave in a shared accommodation at the moment With 4 other people (5 bedroom house). I have a double room and my bathroom. Is this overcrowded? What information do i need to provide to the home office ?

(4) If i decide to use a friend who rents a 2 bedroom apartment and has a spare room, what document does he need to provide to help.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spousal Visa advice needed

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:27 pm

dennis2021f wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:20 pm
Hi all,

Please need some advice regarding a spousal visa i am trying to apply for my wife. We got married last week.

(1) We have a marriage certificate but on the marriage certificate the address used is my address in India not the UK. Does this matter ? It does not matter
(2) Also on the marriage certificate, the occupation was put as operations manager this was entered in error. My letter of employment is Area Manager. I do not have problem meeting the salary requirement. Not a problem

(3) I leave in a shared accommodation at the moment With 4 other people (5 bedroom house). I have a double room and my bathroom. Is this overcrowded? What information do i need to provide to the home office ?

(4) If i decide to use a friend who rents a 2 bedroom apartment and has a spare room, what document does he need to provide to help.

Thanks

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Spousal visa - accommodation requirement

Post by dennis2021f » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:24 pm

Hi i am applying for a spousal visa for my wife. I am currently living with a friend who lives in a 2 bedroom house and has a living room. Can i use this ? Only his name is on the tenancy agreement. I live with him and pay him cash. What information do i need from him ?

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa HMO Accomodation

Post by dennis2021f » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:01 am

Hi,

Please advice needed. I am looking to apply for a spousal visa and i live in an HMO. It is a 5 bedroom room house with 2 Spam. I stay in a double room with my own bathroom. We are currently 5 people living in the property. The house is therefore not overcrowded. The landlord said her HMO license only allows for 5 people in the property.

1. Does this mean i cannot use this property? Or what can i do to make it suitable ?

On another hand, my marriage certficate has my international address (Nigeria) not my UK address. I did my marriage in Nigeria. Does this matter ?

My marriage certificate my occupation was operations manager an error on the path of the person that filled it, my job title is Area Manager - Will this count against me ? I have no problem meeting the financial requirement.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spousal Visa HMO Accomodation

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16 am

dennis2021f wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:01 am
Hi,

Please advice needed. I am looking to apply for a spousal visa and i live in an HMO. It is a 5 bedroom room house with 2 Spam. I stay in a double room with my own bathroom. We are currently 5 people living in the property. The house is therefore not overcrowded. The landlord said her HMO license only allows for 5 people in the property.

1. Does this mean i cannot use this property? Or what can i do to make it suitable ? If the property is licensed for 5, addition of your spouse makes it 6 thereby breaching the license. You may not likely get an NOC from landlord to support your spouse application as she clearly indicated the condition.

On another hand, my marriage certficate has my international address (Nigeria) not my UK address. I did my marriage in Nigeria. Does this matter ? India or Nigeria as earlier stated it does not affect

My marriage certificate my occupation was operations manager an error on the path of the person that filled it, my job title is Area Manager - Will this count against me See earlier reply ? I have no problem meeting the financial requirement.

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:06 pm

Ok In terms of accommodation i will have to either rent somewhere else or speak to a friend. I have a friend who rents a 2 bedroom flat and the flat has a living room. If he agrees to accomodate us, can we use his flat ? If yes what documents do we need from him ? Do i also have change my address on bank statement and pay slip to show his address?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:55 am

dennis2021f wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:06 pm
Ok In terms of accommodation i will have to either rent somewhere else or speak to a friend. I have a friend who rents a 2 bedroom flat and the flat has a living room. If he agrees to accomodate us, can we use his flat ? If yes what documents do we need from him ? Do i also have change my address on bank statement and pay slip to show his address?
Rent a place. If your friend is renting he can not legally provide you the required documents.
You will need tenancy agreement, NOC letter and optionally (IMHO) Housing inspection report.

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:04 am

Hi just another question. Can i provide my passport information page as evidence of british citizenship ? The website says a copy of your passport. I would not want to submit my actual passport as i plan on travelling

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:55 am

dennis2021f wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:04 am
Hi just another question. Can i provide my passport information page as evidence of british citizenship ? The website says a copy of your passport. I would not want to submit my actual passport as i plan on travelling
Documents are scanned and uploaded electronically, no hard copy documents sent to HO.

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:23 pm

Hi sory i am back again. I have decided to rent a place and i have a tenancy agreement. It ways assured shorthold tenancy agreement. It is a one bedroom apartment. It has a double room and a living room as well. The agreement is four 4 months which then becomes periodic after. I have paid the deposit and first month rent. The new tenancy starts in November 18 and next payment due dec 18.

1) Is the 4 month tenancy agreement that becomes periodic after good enough for the spousal visa?

2) Can i submit the application immediately after the 18th or should give it a couple of weeks

3) Do i need any other information from the landlord ? or is the tenacy agreement good enoguh

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:38 pm

dennis2021f wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:23 pm
Hi sory i am back again. I have decided to rent a place and i have a tenancy agreement. It ways assured shorthold tenancy agreement. It is a one bedroom apartment. It has a double room and a living room as well. The agreement is four 4 months which then becomes periodic after. I have paid the deposit and first month rent. The new tenancy starts in November 18 and next payment due dec 18.

1) Is the 4 month tenancy agreement that becomes periodic after good enough for the spousal visa? Yes

2) Can i submit the application immediately after the 18th or should give it a couple of weeks You can

3) Do i need any other information from the landlord ? or is the tenacy agreement good enoguh Get an NOC

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 pm

I am sorry for being pushy just reading the contract.

It says this tenancy does not guarantee the tenant any right to remain after the fixed term.

If on coming to the end of the fixed term agreed above, the landlord does not seek repossession and tenant remains the in the property the will be considered periodic.

Please is this all good or the home office could see something wrong in the agreement ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:48 am

dennis2021f wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 pm

It says this tenancy does not guarantee the tenant any right to remain after the fixed term.

If on coming to the end of the fixed term agreed above, the landlord does not seek repossession and tenant remains the in the property the will be considered periodic.

Please is this all good or the home office could see something wrong in the agreement ?
There is nothing wrong in it for HO to pick. Same or similar language in most AST Agreement

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:00 am

dennis2021f wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 pm

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_ ... _agreement

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Please where can i see a sample of a NOC letter from a landlord

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:16 am

dennis2021f wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:49 pm
Please where can i see a sample of a NOC letter from a landlord
It's a simple letter from the landlord stating your name and address of the property rented to you and the layout e.g. 2 bedrooms, spam, Spam etc and that he has no objection to your spouse joining you there as there is sufficient space to accommodate without breaching the Housing Act.

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:09 pm

Thanks. Please i am about to submit and just have a couple of more questions

I have filled in the application on behalf of my wife although she was with me. I have used my email address though. At the end should i click the i am the applicant over 18 or I am submitting the form on behalf of an applicant. Is there any serious implication to either?

ALso with respect to proof of income, I have a letter from my employer detailing my job, when i started and salary (Feb 2022). Do i still require a payslip?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:43 pm

Tick you are the applicant.

Payslips and bank statements are mandatory!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:47 pm

both payslip and bank statement ?

addresses on both may not align.

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:51 pm

payslips are bank statement are to show salary not savings am i right? My annual salary is significantly above the threshold

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:51 pm

Payslips and bank statements corresponding to the payslips are mandatory documents.

If not submitted, the application would likely be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:08 am

dennis2021f wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:51 pm
payslips are bank statement are to show salary not savings am i right? My annual salary is significantly above the threshold
Yes to show your income, no relevance of your savings or bank balance as such.

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:54 am

The address on my payslip (parents home) differs from my the address on my bank statement (rented room in an apartment). I have moved from the flat share and rented a flat which moved into a week ago. This is the address i am using to ensure the overcrowding act is not bridged. Will the three multiple addresses be an issue with UKVI ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:56 am

dennis2021f wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:54 am
The address on my payslip (parents home) differs from my the address on my bank statement (rented room in an apartment). I have moved from the flat share and rented a flat which moved into a week ago. This is the address i am using to ensure the overcrowding act is not bridged. Will the three multiple addresses be an issue with UKVI ?
It should not be. Use cover note to clarify any confusion that could arise to CW.

dennis2021f
Newly Registered

Post by dennis2021f » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:29 pm

Hi sorry keep coming back just looking though the application and trying to figure out all possible issues lol.

There is a question have you ever lived with your partner. We answered NO a this is the correct response. We dated for a year before i moved to the UK in february 2022. I went back and got married in september and we stayed for 3 weeks together. After which i returned to the UK to file. I have a marriage certificate from my home country. Does this matter ? I am happy to refill the application to include this if need be but we have no bills or joint account to proof we lived together