ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - address proof upload

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mitz1984x
Newly Registered

OCI - address proof upload

Post by Mitz1984x » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:17 pm

Basically, I have been rejected OCI card for my 2 year-old daughter 3 times in a row now (first time the printed photos were not on premium grade photo paper, 2nd time I hadn't bought my OCI card even though we were getting on the basis of my wife who was born and raised in India, 3rd time I had not uploaded proof of current address, though I did have my driving license for the proof).

Now, I was told clearly (and rudely) I needed to upload proof of address, but under which category does driving license come under?:
Current Passport (already uploaded my daughters, mine, and my wife's passport as a merged files compressed twice to get under 1000kb - I am told I had to by VFS)
Indian Origin Proof (my wife's OCI and Indian passport, my OCI)
Marriage Certificate (me and my wife's marriage certificate)
Relationship Certificate (my daughters birth certificate)
Employment/Work Letter (my daughter does not go to work yet; she is 2 years old)
Indian Visa (no Indian visa, she has never been to India yet)
PIO Card (no PIO card)
Spouse OCI Card (she is not married)

I cannot tell which category I can submit address proof, but I need to as it's the reason for rejection! VFS are not happy to tell me, other than it's rejected (they're favourite words). I did not have such problems for my, OCI, my wife's OCI or even my sons OCI (5-6 years ago). Each trip is a 5-6 hour wait despite having appointment. I asked how do they expect me to keep a merged file with 3 passports under 1000kb, they said I had to manage and that'd not their problem - I wasn't keen on buying Adobe Pro, but managed with online compression tool, after 2 compressions from different compression tools.

newrat

Re: OCI - address proof upload

Post by newrat » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:56 am

The category names are pretty much irrelevant. They download all the documents ignoring the heading names. Upload it under any category - one of the unused ones (eg Employment letter).