ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from pre settled to settled status eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tiktok
Morocco

Switch from pre settled to settled status eu settlement

Post by Tiktok » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:26 am

Hi wonderful people hope everyone doing great.

I had residence card since January 2018 as unmarried partner and we registered the marriage on the 18 April 2019 . I applied for settled status last week and recieved this 2 emails today.

Advice please

First email >

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are in the process of considering your application. To complete our consideration we require the following additional information or evidence to help us to make sure we reach the correct decision:

Evidence of your relationship to the EEA citizen or their spouse or civil partner (and their relationship to the EEA citizen) as follows:

Full Birth Certificate showing parent's names .Marriage Certificate. or any other evidence that proves relationship to sponsor.

This is so we can confirm that you meet the definition of a family member of a relevant EEA citizen as claimed.

Further guidance on family members who are eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme along with guidance on documentation to provide as proof of your family relationship to an EEA citizen can be found at the www.gov.uk/government/publications/eu-s ... r-guidance

Additional evidence of residence in the UK and Islands to cover the following period:

April 2021 to November 2021OR any other qualifying period you wish to rely on

This second email after submitted the evidence 10 minutes later after I submitted the evidence.

Evidence that you have been the family member of an EEA citizen for the continuous qualifying period that you are relying on to demonstrate your eligibility. 

To qualify for settled status (indefinite leave to enter or remain) we need to confirm that you have been the family member of an EEA citizen for the continuous qualifying period that you are relying on to demonstrate your eligibility.  The evidence you have provided indicates that you became the family member of an EEA citizen less than five years ago on 18 April 2019 when you married your EEA National spouse.

If you wish to rely on a relationship to another relevant EEA citizen or qualifying British citizen before 18 April 2019, please provide evidence of the identity and nationality of that EEA citizen or British citizen. This includes:

their EU Settlement Scheme reference number; ortheir valid EEA passport; ortheir valid EEA national identity card; ortheir valid British passport

‘Valid’ means that the document is genuine and has not expired or been cancelled or invalidated.

evidence of your relationship to the EEA citizen or qualifying British citizen.

Further guidance on family members who are eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme along with guidance on documentation to provide as proof of your family relationship to an EEA citizen can be found at https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eucitizens-families

evidence of the EEA citizen’s continuous qualifying period of residence in the UK and Islands which corresponds (or corresponded) with yours.if you are relying on your relationship to the qualifying British citizen, evidence that you meet the Surinder Singh criteria as listed at https://www.gov.uk/settled-statuseu-cit ... ss-citizen

kamoe

Re: Switch from pre settled to settled status eu settlement

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Tiktok wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:26 am
I had residence card since January 2018 as unmarried partner and we registered the marriage on the 18 April 2019 . I applied for settled status last week
Is your spouse a British citizen? I ask because if not, and if your first residence card as unmarried partner was issued in January 2018, then you are eligible for Settled Status 5 years after that, on January 2023. September 2022 is too early to apply.

Do you have Pre-Settled Status?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:24 pm

Hi Thanks for your reply.

No my wife she's eea national I had residence card since January 2018 as unmarried partner and we got married in April 2018. We have son his 4 years old his British citizen.

Yes I have pre settled.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:25 pm

Sorry we registered the marriage in April 2019

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:48 pm

Tiktok wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:24 pm
No my wife she's eea national I had residence card since January 2018 as unmarried partner and we got married in April 2018. We have son his 4 years old his British citizen.

Yes I have pre settled.
Then why are you applying now for Settled Status? You won't get it, it's too early.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:49 pm

Your previous posts state your got your eea residence card in August 2018, not January 2018??

eea-route-applications/help-eea2-unmarr ... l#p1723240
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Sorry it was mistake. Its from January 2018

Is it too early foe me to apply for settled now

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:50 pm

Tiktok wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:24 pm
Is it too early foe me to apply for settled now
I've said this already twice.