ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I going to take longer than usual to get naturalization approved if I got ILR long time ago?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

melody76
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

I totally forgot includes my 2 trips.

Post by melody76 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:03 am

Hi,

I had ILR for about 9 years. And I applied for naturalization in 22nd July. I just realized I had two trips forgot to add to the application form. One trip was in January 2018 (around 4 days) and another one was in between 7th July and 9th July 2022. I think it is count as 2 days and the form said don't need to includes it if a a trip is two days.

Is that a matter? Do I need to write a cover letter to explain these two holiday trips? Thank you!

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: I totally forgot includes my 2 trips.

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:13 am

Have you had the biometrics appointment? If not, you can add to the cover letter to explain. The trip from the 7th to 9th July counts as 1 day as you were absent from the country on the 8th July.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

melody76
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by melody76 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:22 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:13 am
Have you had the biometrics appointment? If not, you can add to the cover letter to explain. The trip from the 7th to 9th July counts as 1 day as you were absent from the country on the 8th July.
Yes I had the biometrics appointment last month. The only way to explain is to email the HO I guess? It was a long time ago I entirely forgot I had another trip in January 2018. Just checked my booking history of hotel. It was 20-22 January 2018. Is that okay to not includes it? Or I have to email HO to explain. Thank you for your quick reply.

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:25 am

The trip 20-22 Jan 2018 also counts for 1 day. Does your passport have stamps for the trips? I would try to contact the HO and explain.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

melody76
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by melody76 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:32 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:25 am
The trip 20-22 Jan 2018 also counts for 1 day. Does your passport have stamps for the trips? I would try to contact the HO and explain.
I think so. But the stamp is quite a mess. So many different stamps in defferent years at same page. Thank you so mcuh! I will explain it!

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:20 am

I would also clarify the issue of the stamps being hard to read. Good luck and update us!

melody76
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Am I going to take longer than usual to get naturalization approved if I got ILR long time ago?

Post by melody76 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:25 am

Hi all, I got my ILR for 9 years (Auguest 2013) and I applied naturalization in July. I haven't got any approved email back. A mistake of my application is my mum's brith year (I was holding Tier 1 Dependent before IRL). I wrote an email to explain the mistake. But it has been 3 months. Is that true it would take longer to process my application if I got ILR really long time? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Am I going to take longer than usual to get naturalization approved if I got ILR long time ago?

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:28 am

Citizenship applications can take up to 6 months, often longer.

You need to wait to hear back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Am I going to take longer than usual to get naturalization approved if I got ILR long time ago?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:16 pm

melody76 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:25 am
Hi all, I got my ILR for 9 years (Auguest 2013) and I applied naturalization in July. I haven't got any approved email back. A mistake of my application is my mum's brith year (I was holding Tier 1 Dependent before IRL). I wrote an email to explain the mistake. But it has been 3 months. Is that true it would take longer to process my application if I got ILR really long time? NOT TRUE Thank you!