ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application and locum during the pandemic

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Medic11
Newly Registered
Cuba

ILR application and locum during the pandemic

Post by Medic11 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi,
I’ve submitted an ILR application and my UKVI appointment is on 1.10.2022( in 2 days) so it’s quite urgent, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve been in the UK for 5 years and 1 month. I was sponsored by HEE as a junior doctor throughout this period, apart from an 8 month period (between two stages of training) when I was sponsored by NHS trust. This trust doctor role involved clinical work in a private hospital (but the employer and sponsor was the NHS trust). The pandemic started in that 8 month period so we were asked to do extra shifts, and I ended up doing many locum shifts in the private hospital as it was used as NHS service at the time. My pay for these locum shifts came from the private hospital. I did locum shifts in this private hospital in the period March 2020- January 2022. I was told at the time that that 20 hour limit for doctors on tier 2 was waived, but now I’m very concerned that is not the case since the shifts were paid by a private hospital and not NHS (although it was NHS service run in the private hospital). I’m very concerned this will affect my ILR application. Shall I reschedule my appointment and will I need to provide all of this explanation?? I’m not in training and sponsored by HEE and have not done locum shifts in 8 months. Thanks a lot for any advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR application and locum during the pandemic

Post by manci » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:03 am

Medic11 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:12 pm
I was told at the time that that 20 hour limit for doctors on tier 2 was waived, but now I’m very concerned that is not the case since the shifts were paid by a private hospital and not NHS (although it was NHS service
see:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... or-the-nhs

If you’re working for the NHS
If you do any different or extra work due to coronavirus
You can carry out supplementary work in any role at any skill level during the coronavirus outbreak. There is no restriction on the number of hours you can work.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice