ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KoLL Waiver

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

av8924
Newly Registered

KoLL Waiver

Post by av8924 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:35 pm

Hi There,

I am messaging on behalf of a family member who has multiple medical conditions (long term). Mostly physical and depression. Taking around 20-30 medications daily. We have got a Koll Waiver filled out by GP which describes this and the short term concentration and focus issues along with physical problems. IT states that they are of the opinion that the person cannot sit the test.

We understand that these waivers are complicated and can be refused. What we don't know are the following:

a) then likelihood of success

b) what happens if the waiver is refused after application - from what I understand, they will request KoLL certificates within a very short time period and if not produced the fee (over £1000?) is not refunded. What is this time period and can it be extended?

Appreciate any help on the matter,

Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Re: KoLL Waiver

Post by manci » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:23 pm

av8924 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:35 pm
likelihood of success
No one on the forum can tell you this. Unless the applicant is aged 65 or over the KOLL waiver is a discretionary decision which will depend on the strength of the reasons put forward for it by the GP.

According to the rules an exception from the KOLL requirement will be made if the decision maker considers that, because of the applicant’s mental or physical condition, it would be unreasonable to expect the applicant to fulfil either or both parts of that requirement.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

av8924
Newly Registered

Post by av8924 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:45 pm

Thank you for your reply,

Do you know anything about the fee requirement? This is the biggest worry I suppose due to the expense:

b) what happens if the waiver is refused after application - from what I understand, they will request KoLL certificates within a very short time period and if not produced the fee (over £1000?) is not refunded. What is this time period and can it be extended?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:59 pm

When did this person obtain ILR and under what immigration route?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

av8924
Newly Registered

Post by av8924 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:11 am

Hi,

arrived as a refugee in 2014, ILR was obtained in 2019.

av8924
Newly Registered

Post by av8924 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:08 am

Hello and Thank you for al the work everyone does answering questions here, I just wanted to bump this up as it's been a while since anyone has replied. Does anyone have any idea as to a and b below?
av8924 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:45 pm
Thank you for your reply,

Do you know anything about the fee requirement? This is the biggest worry I suppose due to the expense: