ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TiE Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

TiE Extension

Post by mohamedlasheen » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:08 pm

Hi All,

submitted my application to extended my TE visa on 13 July 2022, Biometrics on 3 August 2022. No communications from HO were received. it is now 9 weeks since the biometrics.Is that common?

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Re: TiE Extension

Post by HappyChap2021 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:08 pm

after 8 weeks have passed , and HO believes they need more time, they will send you a 'complex' case letter/mail saying they need more than 8 weeks. you can contact them after 8 weeks to check on your application

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:03 pm

tha solicitor sent a chaser email and they responded that the delay is due to Ukranian scheme is being prioritized

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:08 am

Hi.
I am sufferibg now from being held not able to see my family overseas because i wait for a decission from HO. It is now 11 weeks sine bionetrics. What can i do to rravel to see my family before i get a decission please help

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:52 pm

Hello mates.

Any suggestions please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:05 pm

You cannot travel out of the UK while you have an application pending. If you do, the application will be considered withdrawn.

If your previous visa has already expired, you won't have a means to return to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:09 am

mohamedlasheen wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:52 pm
Hello mates.

Any suggestions please.
In theory, since you have your passport, nothing prevents you from leaving the UK. However the problem is the following:
since your visa expired, you will not be able to get back to the UK -- Unless you have someone who can send you the renewed BRP that you could use to enter again.. but here again, what if it takes long time to process? you will be stuck outside of the UK until your new BRP Is issued, which could take up to 6months as i have seen from other members given the focus on Ukraine as they told you.

Really a bad situation with unfourtunaely nothing to do about but to wait and pray

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:35 pm

How would they know that I travelled outside th uk before decission is made? is that from the boarding in the airport?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:03 am

mohamedlasheen wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:35 pm
How would they know that I travelled outside th uk before decission is made? is that from the boarding in the airport?
Does it really matter how they know?

That is the rule and it is a question of whether you want to take the risk.

In reality, I don't think it is so much when you leave but when you come back that they are likely to find out.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:27 am

I understand, but at the time I will be back I will have the new BRP with me and the application will be approved already, so I do not have any application pending with them.

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:07 pm

if you can gurantee
1: they dont need you for an interview + no extra information needed that require your presence (ask you solicitor, but i read here in the forum that sometime HO asks to visit the premise.. not sure if they still do this post covid ?)
2: you dont mind staying away from the UK for an unknown period (no deadline on the time to submit HO answers unfourtunatly.. with the constant changes of HO minsiter i really doubt that anything gets done on time now in the UK :(
3: you do not have to make an appeal for your case

and you have someone who can receive and ship the BRP .. then it may be worth taking the risk .. but only you know to judge.. in all cases .. pls add your timlines to the post that has the time lines as you will help hundreds of applicants all waiting for their extension..
best of luck

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:21 pm

HappyChap2021 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:07 pm
if you can gurantee
1: they dont need you for an interview + no extra information needed that require your presence (ask you solicitor, but i read here in the forum that sometime HO asks to visit the premise.. not sure if they still do this post covid ?)
2: you dont mind staying away from the UK for an unknown period (no deadline on the time to submit HO answers unfourtunatly.. with the constant changes of HO minsiter i really doubt that anything gets done on time now in the UK :(
3: you do not have to make an appeal for your case

and you have someone who can receive and ship the BRP .. then it may be worth taking the risk .. but only you know to judge.. in all cases .. pls add your timlines to the post that has the time lines as you will help hundreds of applicants all waiting for their extension..
best of luck
this is the link to the timeline post
uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... 97399.html

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:04 am

mohamedlasheen wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:27 am
I understand, but at the time I will be back I will have the new BRP with me and the application will be approved already, so I do not have any application pending with them.
Remember that the Immigration office at the Border has significant powers to refuse you entry if they suspect rules have been breached. The fact that an application has been mistakenly approved will not be a defense.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:11 pm

thanks marcnath for your usual professional responses.. out of curiosity, is there a specifc sipulation in the law that prevents the travel during waiting period? or is this form the days HO used to keep the passports in their custody until the Extension has been approved?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:03 pm

HappyChap2021 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:11 pm
thanks marcnath for your usual professional responses.. out of curiosity, is there a specifc sipulation in the law that prevents the travel during waiting period? or is this form the days HO used to keep the passports in their custody until the Extension has been approved?
Clause 34K of the immigration rules state:
34K. Where a decision on an application for permission to stay has not been made and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application will be treated as withdrawn on the date the applicant left the common travel area.

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:20 pm

It is now 12 weeks since i made the biometrics. Any legal way i canfollow to get my visa? This matter affects me my and family overseas, i have not seen them for six months now. Please advise

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:11 am

mohamedlasheen wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:20 pm
It is now 12 weeks since i made the biometrics. Any legal way i canfollow to get my visa? This matter affects me my and family overseas, i have not seen them for six months now. Please advise
Have you tried talking to your local MP ? MPs are the only onces who can raise this directly with home office

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:53 pm

Hi, No really, do you think they will be helpful?

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:19 am

it is worth the try. if you are lucky you will have a smart MP who knows that you and your family will be UK resident soon and will do his/her best to help to gurantee your votes once you become UK citizen.