ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate visa questions

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hdsgh
Newly Registered
China

Graduate visa questions

Post by Hdsgh » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:57 pm

Hello. I’m applying for graduate visa. I’m having some doubts with the application due to my intellectual disability.

1. For question about address, I’m currently living in a hotel as I’ve just moved to a different city and looking for accommodation. For the question about current living place, there are 3 options- own, rent and other. What shall I select? If rent, what shall I put in landlord’s name and address?

2. During last year of my studies, I applied to uni for financial support due to hardship reasons and received a bursary/grant. For the question- have you received money from financial sponsor, does the financial support from uni count towards it?

3. For question about how long i have been living in UK, if I have been living for 3 years 20 days, shall I put 3 years 1 month or 0 month?

Thank you.

vinny

Re: Graduate visa questions

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:39 am

I think
1. You are renting a room in a hotel.
2. Probably.
3. Just over 3 years. What are the given options?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hdsgh
Newly Registered
China

Post by Hdsgh » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:13 am

For the question 2, it asks if you’ve received money from official financial sponsor. If I select yes, it then asks have you received consent from them to apply for graduate visa.

For question 3, it’s an empty box to enter number of years and months.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:45 pm

By looking at how the next question is asked, I think question 2 relates to scholarships received from funding bodies or programmes like governments, Chevening, Commonwealth, etc. where you are fully sponsored and need to meet specific requirements after completion of studies. In the case, you may need to upload a consent letter.

In your application I would respond "no". I don't think this letter is required after receiving hardship funds, but if still in doubt ask the university.

Question 3: To me it doesn't make a big difference putting 3 years or 3 years and 1 month.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:53 pm

In general, I have to say that you are really overthinking these questions. They are just asking generic facts about your situation. They are not trick questions, and not related to your eligibility for the Graduate visa.
Hdsgh wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:57 pm
1. For question about address, I’m currently living in a hotel as I’ve just moved to a different city and looking for accommodation. For the question about current living place, there are 3 options- own, rent and other. What shall I select? If rent, what shall I put in landlord’s name and address?
"Other" seems to cover it, or Rent. It doesn't matter.
Hdsgh wrote:
2. During last year of my studies, I applied to uni for financial support due to hardship reasons and received a bursary/grant. For the question- have you received money from financial sponsor, does the financial support from uni count towards it?
Probably not, but check with the university. If they suggest you say Yes, you will need a letter from them consenting to the application. Hence they will probably suggest you say No.
Hdsgh wrote:
3. For question about how long i have been living in UK, if I have been living for 3 years 20 days, shall I put 3 years 1 month or 0 month?
Either. It doesn't matter.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Hdsgh
Newly Registered
China

Post by Hdsgh » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:01 pm

I have submitted the application. There was a question in application- Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK? When I selected yes, it asked another question- were you ever asked to pay as part of your treatment excluding the immigration health surcharge.

In next section it asked to provide details of previous medical treatment, like address, date treatment started and ended. There were options to add more. Since it wasn’t mentioned how many treatments I needed to add, I added total 3 treatments starting backwards from the most recent. I’ve actually received quite a bit of medical treatment.

After submitting the application, it asked me to upload evidence that I have paid for any treatment I have had in the UK.

I have 3 questions:
1. I have evidence of treatment payment for last 2 years but I didn’t add their details in the application. Have I messed up my application? Do I need to withdraw and make a new application?
2. How do i get evidence for treatment payment made 3 years ago?
3. My current visa expires in 4 days time. If I don’t upload evidence before then, will I become an overstayer? When submitting application, it said I have until 1 December 2022 to submit evidence. If I withdraw application and make a new one but after the current visa expiry, will I be an overstayer?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:17 pm

Hdsgh wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:01 pm
I have submitted the application. There was a question in application- Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK? When I selected yes, it asked another question- were you ever asked to pay as part of your treatment excluding the immigration health surcharge.

In next section it asked to provide details of previous medical treatment, like address, date treatment started and ended. There were options to add more. Since it wasn’t mentioned how many treatments I needed to add, I added total 3 treatments starting backwards from the most recent. I’ve actually received quite a bit of medical treatment.

After submitting the application, it asked me to upload evidence that I have paid for any treatment I have had in the UK.

I have 3 questions:
1. I have evidence of treatment payment for last 2 years but I didn’t add their details in the application. Have I messed up my application? Do I need to withdraw and make a new application?
3. My current visa expires in 4 days time. If I don’t upload evidence before then, will I become an overstayer? When submitting application, it said I have until 1 December 2022 to submit evidence. If I withdraw application and make a new one but after the current visa expiry, will I be an overstayer? You need to have an active application in place to enjoy the cover of section 3C and not become an overstayer. The few days to expiration of current leave does not give you much wiggle room.

Thank you

Hdsgh
Newly Registered
China

Post by Hdsgh » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:33 am

I could withdraw and start another application. But I don’t have money which is around 2k to pay for it and refund will likely take long time to be received.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Hdsgh wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:33 am
I could withdraw and start another application. But I don’t have money which is around 2k to pay for it and refund will likely take long time to be received.
Which means same thing that you will jeopardise Section 3C cover as having an active application means you have applied and paid for it.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:14 pm

Hdsgh wrote:
If you no longer have a receipt for treatment you paid for, just contact the treatment provider and ask them for another one. This seems like common sense.
Hdsgh wrote:
3. My current visa expires in 4 days time. If I don’t upload evidence before then, will I become an overstayer? When submitting application, it said I have until 1 December 2022 to submit evidence.
Clearly no. You have been given until 1 December to provide the evidence.
Hdsgh wrote:
If I withdraw application and make a new one but after the current visa expiry, will I be an overstayer?
Yes, and by then you would not be eligible for the Graduate route anyway. One of the requirements is that your Student visa is still valid.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.