ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application under MN1 and biometrics

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LucasFa
Newly Registered
Mood:

Application under MN1 and biometrics

Post by LucasFa » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:08 pm

Good evening everyone,

I'm reaching today after some concerns regarding the application of my twin boys.

Eligibility criteria: Mother got settled status June 2021 children born in UK in 03/2019
Method of application: Online
Date of application submission: 22/08/2022
Date of debit of fees: 21/09/2022
Date of biometrics appointment : 28/09/2022
Date of receipt of biometrics/acknowledgment: 28/09/2022 ( email from UVCAS saying they transmitted it to UKVI)
Date of approval in the certificate: waiting
Date of receipt of documents: waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: waiting

So my partner and I printed and signed all the documents required by UKVI once payment was done and referee letter with pictures of the kids stick to it. Parental approval etc... The person who helped us towards filling the application told us that after the payment we will be required to send all of the printed documents to UKVI. However no address as been given to us.

We went to Luton for the biometric appointment with UKVCAS. I wasn't allowed in as my children application was done under their mother. Coming out my partner told me that they only checked the kids passports and took picture of the kids. Nothing regarding all the other documents. So now I am kinda worried that this if these documents don't reach UKVI the application will be refused and the 2,000 pound fee lost...

I am planning on contacting UKVI and UKVCAS to know what's going on about these documents. But thought that it wouldn't hurt to ask around here if anyone have any idea or if my partner and I f****d up in the process and missed something.

As well after the UKVCAS biometric appointment what email are we supposedly awaiting for and what is the kinda timeline for it ?

Many thanks to all of you !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application under MN1 and biometrics

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:18 pm

You were suppose to upload all documents digitally to the UKCVAS portal before the biometric appointment.

Nothing is posted to ukvi anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LucasFa
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by LucasFa » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:41 pm

Hi thank you for your quick answer.

It is what I thought too, however no section in the document to upload was showing these specific documents.
Is it too late to uploaded these now ? Did we messed up the entire application and lost our 2,000 pounds fees ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:46 am

LucasFa wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:41 pm
Hi thank you for your quick answer.

It is what I thought too, however no section in the document to upload was showing these specific documents.
Is it too late to uploaded these now ? Did we messed up the entire application and lost our 2,000 pounds fees ?
Too late to upload now. Even if you upload now, it wouldn't get to UKVI anymore. the line in the sand is the biometrics.

You might be lucky to get a mail from them asking you to send the said docs via email.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

batelco
Bahrain

Post by batelco » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:07 am

As per the advice of moderators and members here, you should have uploaded the documents prior to biometrics.

Given the amount of money spent, I would still upload the documents on UKVCAS and also send an email with the documents explaining you forgot to submit them to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I personally forgot to upload one document, I uploaded it just after I submitted the biometrics and it showed as submitted to UKVI after a day. I also emailed it to the email above and they replied within a day saying it has been added to file. Make sure to mention your application number on the email. All the best

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:26 pm

batelco wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:07 am
As per the advice of moderators and members here, you should have uploaded the documents prior to biometrics.

Given the amount of money spent, I would still upload the documents on UKVCAS and also send an email with the documents explaining you forgot to submit them to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I personally forgot to upload one document, I uploaded it just after I submitted the biometrics and it showed as submitted to UKVI after a day. I also emailed it to the email above and they replied within a day saying it has been added to file. Make sure to mention your application number on the email. Way to go
All the best

LucasFa
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by LucasFa » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:11 pm

Thanks to all of you for your answers.

I’ll make sure that we send to the email address you mentioned the documents along with the UAN.

It’s just such an awful system that nothing is lay down properly and nicely explained.

Many thanks again to all of you !