ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled Status in 2 Days!!!! (NON - EU)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maverickeastman
Newly Registered
Israel

Settled Status in 2 Days!!!! (NON - EU)

Post by maverickeastman » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:56 pm

I cannot believe it! Here's my timeline and what I did.

1. Application made my application on Thursday morning (6/10), completed the identity check on the EU Exit App, and submitted docs.
2. Received the COA almost immediately
3. Received the outcome letter at 12:03 today (08/10). I was fully prepared for a 6-month wait!

I cannot express how relieved I am, but I am sure that many of you appreciate and understand the many stresses of immigration applications.

Happy Saturday everyone!

M

kamoe

Re: Settled Status in 2 Days!!!! (NON - EU)

Post by kamoe » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:57 am

Congratulations, and enjoy the relief!

It was the case that straightforward non-EU applications were as quick as EU ones at the stat of the trials of the EU Settlement Scheme in 2019. I haven't followed recent timelines, so I don't know if this has always been the case up until now, but if your case is an indication of this being the norm, then that's really good news.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

maverickeastman
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by maverickeastman » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:43 pm

I was led to believe that mine was a complex case - my pre-settlement application took 6 months to the day with queries from the case worker by phone and email. To be fair these queries were superficial at best. So expected a similar timeline and “hoop” jumping on this one.

I’m curious though - as I already have a brp based on my EEA family permit (pre-EUSS) - will I receive a new one reflecting my current status - there was a reference about a new card in 10 days or is this a new application?

If it’s a new application, can a replacement card be expedited? Is there a priority service?

M

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:07 am

maverickeastman wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:43 pm
I’m curious though - as I already have a brp based on my EEA family permit (pre-EUSS) - will I receive a new one reflecting my current status
No, you will not, since you already have a biometric card.
- there was a reference about a new card in 10 days or is this a new application?
Read the sentence carefully. It says you will receive a card if you do not already have a card. You have a card, hence no new card.
If it’s a new application, can a replacement card be expedited? Is there a priority service?
No priority service that I am aware of.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:41 am

Congratulations.
What's your immigration history please?
Like date you came to the uk when first applied for residence card.

maverickeastman
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by maverickeastman » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:45 am

@kamoe Thanks for the clarifications around the BRP.

@Tiktok quick summary....

October 2017: Arrived in UK on EEA Family Permit (Applied for this outside the UK) - this was pretty quick, think I received my visa in 2-3 weeks.
January 2018: Applied for BRP
May 2018: Received BRP
Jan 2021: Applied for pre-settled status
Jul 2021: Received Pre-settled status
October 2022: Applied for settled status
October 2022: Received settled status.

Hope that helps - shout if you have any specific questions.

M

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:07 pm

Thanks lot for the reply. Have nice day

Kuliska02

Post by Kuliska02 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:39 pm

Congratulations brother, what documents you uploaded for your settle application if you share with us will. Be lovely I will do mine in few months so need to get prepare. Thx.

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:33 am

Kuliska02 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:39 pm
Congratulations brother, what documents you uploaded for your settle application if you share with us will. Be lovely I will do mine in few months so need to get prepare. Thx.
Same documents you used for presettled. Mine was BRC, drivers license and marriage cert.

aarontran2506
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by aarontran2506 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:25 am

maverickeastman wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:56 pm
I cannot believe it! Here's my timeline and what I did.

1. Application made my application on Thursday morning (6/10), completed the identity check on the EU Exit App, and submitted docs.
2. Received the COA almost immediately
3. Received the outcome letter at 12:03 today (08/10). I was fully prepared for a 6-month wait!

I cannot express how relieved I am, but I am sure that many of you appreciate and understand the many stresses of immigration applications.

Happy Saturday everyone!

M
This is amazing!! But i thought you have to do your biometrics again???

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 pm

Biometrics are only required when you apply for a physical card. Settled and pre settled status are digital and don't require additional biometrics themselves.

Now, if you do want a new card to show for your status, then yes, you probably need to do biometrics but having a card is not mandatory (it's useful to travel and stuff, but not strictly necessary to have legal status).