ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ABOUT ATAS CERTIFICATE.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dhan kumar
Newly Registered
India

ABOUT ATAS CERTIFICATE.

Post by dhan kumar » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:45 pm

Hello,
I am currently pursuing my master's degree and am on a Tier-4 visa. I got an employer who is ready to provide me with sponsorship for my Tier-2 visa conversion. He/She is flexible with the work timings so I am interested in continuing doing my master's degree along with my work. So to start the process do I need to notify my university about the conversion of my visa status as well as about the continuation of my course?
Also, do I need to get an ATAS certificate from the university?
Please let me know if anyone knows about this.
Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: ABOUT ATAS CERTIFICATE.

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:27 am

dhan kumar wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:45 pm
So to start the process do I need to notify my university about the conversion of my visa status as well as about the continuation of my course?
No. That is the end of the process. When you get the Skilled worker visa (I assume that's what you mean, not Tier 2 which was discontinued some years ago), you need to give the university a copy so they know you no longer need Student visa sponsorship.
dhan kumar wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:45 pm
Also, do I need to get an ATAS certificate from the university?
It is the UK government's Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) that issues an ATAS clearance certificate, not your university. If you needed one for your studies, you may also need one for your work, but your employer will advise on this.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

dhan kumar
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhan kumar » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:52 pm

[/quote]
If you needed one for your studies, you may also need one for your work, but your employer will advise on this.
[/quote]

Thank you for the swift reply.
I am currently pursuing my studies. Hence My university doesn't require for ATAS certificate.
In general, question - if I am applying for a skilled worker visa, do I require an ATAS certificate?
Thank you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:21 am

The employer sponsoring your Skilled worker visa will advise you if you need ATAS clearance. It is part of the sponsor process for all workers, checking whether they need it. It is not your responsibility to ascertain whether you need one.

If you are in any doubt, speak to your employer.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.