ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1G to Stamp 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lightsmssg
Newly Registered
Costa Rica

Stamp 1G to Stamp 1

Post by lightsmssg » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Hi everybody!

After my graduation, I got this year a change of visa to Stamp 1G (Third level graduate programme) that allow me to search for a job and eventually change my migration status. I found a job, and a few weeks ago, I was granted the Critical Skills Employment Permit. These two processes I am mentioning, Stamp 1G and Employment Permit, were done by a solicitor on my behalf.

Now that I have the Employment Permit, this is changing my migration status. So, I understand I need to apply to change my visa in Ireland from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1. I have already filled up almost all the online forms on the ISD website and uploaded all the required documents. But two specific points are stopping me from continuing the process; these are 1.8 Immigration Person ID and 1.9 Application number in the first part of Personal Details. In the form, I have the instructions on where to find the number, which apparently is in the top right of any letter I got from the Immigration Department, and it is supposed to be the same instruction for both numbers (Person ID and Application Number).

I checked the letter I got from Immigration when I received at home my current IRP linked to the Stamp 1G I have. But, the number that is on the letter, once that I typed in the form, seems to be not the correct number because I got some red colour text saying that the information for those points are entirely different. So, I don't understand.

I tried to contact the solicitor that applied on my behalf for the Stamp 1G, and she was evasive, and she didn't want to really help me. As far as I understand, this is legally my personal information, and she doesn't want to confirm to me which is my Person ID and Application number.

So, in short, I want to know if there is a guidebook for checking where I can find these numbers or if anyone here would be so kind as to point me to where I can see that information in the letter or IRP, because following the online form instructions I am not getting a positive result. And an additional question, how legal is what the solicitor is doing to me?

Thank you in advance for your answers!!
All the best!

P.D. I am a Non-European, I have free Visa to enter to Ireland for 90 days and my current IRP linked to the Stamp 1G will expire in 03/2023.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Stamp 1G to Stamp 1

Post by mentalmind » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Only number you will need is registration number which is written at the backside of your current IRP card. Person ID and probably Application ID (I am not sure about this one) is not relevant for your case.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:59 pm

lightsmssg wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:53 pm
So, in short, I want to know if there is a guidebook for checking where I can find these numbers or if anyone here would be so kind as to point me to where I can see that information in the letter or IRP, because following the online form instructions I am not getting a positive result.
They both should be at the top right corner of your letter. Person ID should be in the form of NNNNNN-YY (6 numbers, dash, 2 digits of year when you first applied) afaik, application number I have is NNNNNNN-AAAA-YY (7 numbers, dash, 4 letters, dash, 2 year digits). But they're used if you had correspondence with ISD. Are these fields marked mandatory?
lightsmssg wrote:
I checked the letter I got from Immigration when I received at home my current IRP linked to the Stamp 1G I have. But, the number that is on the letter, once that I typed in the form, seems to be not the correct number because I got some red colour text saying that the information for those points are entirely different.
What's the error message?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:57 pm

lightsmssg wrote:
Hi everybody!

After my graduation, I got this year a change of visa to Stamp 1G (Third level graduate programme) that allow me to search for a job and eventually change my migration status. I found a job, and a few weeks ago, I was granted the Critical Skills Employment Permit. These two processes I am mentioning, Stamp 1G and Employment Permit, were done by a solicitor on my behalf.

Now that I have the Employment Permit, this is changing my migration status. So, I understand I need to apply to change my visa in Ireland from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1. I have already filled up almost all the online forms on the ISD website and uploaded all the required documents. But two specific points are stopping me from continuing the process; these are 1.8 Immigration Person ID and 1.9 Application number in the first part of Personal Details. In the form, I have the instructions on where to find the number, which apparently is in the top right of any letter I got from the Immigration Department, and it is supposed to be the same instruction for both numbers (Person ID and Application Number).

I checked the letter I got from Immigration when I received at home my current IRP linked to the Stamp 1G I have. But, the number that is on the letter, once that I typed in the form, seems to be not the correct number because I got some red colour text saying that the information for those points are entirely different. So, I don't understand.

I tried to contact the solicitor that applied on my behalf for the Stamp 1G, and she was evasive, and she didn't want to really help me. As far as I understand, this is legally my personal information, and she doesn't want to confirm to me which is my Person ID and Application number.

So, in short, I want to know if there is a guidebook for checking where I can find these numbers or if anyone here would be so kind as to point me to where I can see that information in the letter or IRP, because following the online form instructions I am not getting a positive result. And an additional question, how legal is what the solicitor is doing to me?

Thank you in advance for your answers!!
All the best!

P.D. I am a Non-European, I have free Visa to enter to Ireland for 90 days and my current IRP linked to the Stamp 1G will expire in 03/2023.
You don’t need those numbers, only use them if you have them (would maybe be on a letter from Immigration, I have them from EU treaty rights and they are specific on the letter). Just don’t enter them and you won’t get an error.