ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work related to visa, outside UK on Global Talent Visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

munirahmad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Work related to visa, outside UK on Global Talent Visa

Post by munirahmad » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:13 am

Dear all, I am just wondering about the actual explanation of the following paragraph on GOV.UK under ILR eligibility,

"If you have a Global Talent visa, time you’ve spent outside the UK doing work related to your job may not count towards this 180-day limit. This rule applies if you were endorsed by the Royal Society, Royal Academy of Engineering, British Academy or UK Research and Innovation. It also applies if you did not need an endorsement for your visa because you had won an eligible award in the fields of science, engineering, humanities or medicine."

my questions are, if someone can answer;

1. Does it mean that the employer should be of UK origin and work placement may be outside of UK?
2. Any one having experience if the work is related to skills for which TIER-1 EXc Tal visa has been awarded and employer can be outside of UK?

In what case the time spent outside the UK will be considered towards 180 days absence?

Best,
Munir

Katrine70
Newly Registered
China

Re: Work related to visa, outside UK on Global Talent Visa

Post by Katrine70 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 am

I have the same quesiton.