ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship On Hold

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

puri123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Irish Citizenship On Hold

Post by puri123 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:14 am

Hi,

I like to ask that one of my friend has received a letter from the Department of Justice stating that application for Irish Citizenship is on hold until the decision by the court has been made. I had travelled in 2021 during Covid Lockdown and was stopped by the Gardai asking me the reason for travelling outside of Ireland and explained that my daughter is due delivery and she requires me to care for her health and was allowed to leave, received a fine by post which was not opened by my husband because he is not allowed to open any of mine letter when i arrived back and opened the letter date on the letter was gone and case now went to the court. One date of court is missed because Judge was not able to attend the court and deferred until next year. I am give tye option Minister can make decision on available facts or wait until the outcome of the court case.

Can the case be brought forwarded from next year to this year? Any suggestions or recommendations please.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Irish Citizenship On Hold

Post by littlerr » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:40 am

Court dates are decided by judges. You can request to change the dates if there are valid reasons that you cannot attend that date, but usually it will just be pushed further down the line.

The minister will not consider any applicants with open court cases.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:17 am

puri123 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:14 am
I am give tye option Minister can make decision on available facts or wait until the outcome of the court case.

Can the case be brought forwarded from next year to this year? Any suggestions or recommendations please.
Did they give you the option of making a decision now based on current available facts or waiting to make a decision until the court case is finished?

puri123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by puri123 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:00 am

Thank you all for your reaponse.

Friend has been given the option to either it can be submitted to the Minister for decision based on the information or wait until the outcome of the court case.

Any recommendations for friend, what should be done in this case?

Thank you.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:51 pm

puri123 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:00 am
Thank you all for your reaponse.

Friend has been given the option to either it can be submitted to the Minister for decision based on the information or wait until the outcome of the court case.

Any recommendations for friend, what should be done in this case?

Thank you.
I would like to think that if your friend submitted proof of the birth of baby (birth certificate) and proof of relationship of baby’s mom is daughter (birth certificate) of applicant and any other proof, like plane tickets, proof you stayed with her (photos?) and a written explanation of why the fine wasn’t paid…etc.

I would like to think they would accept that as reasonable. However, it’s hard to say.

I think it also depends on how long your friend can wait for the court date. Would your friend be able to renew whatever permission they have to remain in Ireland until after the court date?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:59 pm

As I said earlier, there has not been one publicly known case where the minister approves a citizenship case when a court case is pending. It would be very risky to go ahead, but the decision is hers.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:17 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:59 pm
As I said earlier, there has not been one publicly known case where the minister approves a citizenship case when a court case is pending. It would be very risky to go ahead, but the decision is hers.
I don’t doubt you, but how do you know this?

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:19 pm

jbminger wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:17 pm
littlerr wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:59 pm
I don’t doubt you, but how do you know this?

Because it has never happened before. Don't take the risk. Her decision anyway!