ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KMaxx
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by KMaxx » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:21 am

KMaxx wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:25 pm
I just joined the forum. Glad to join you all here.

Timeline for daughter's FBR is below and added to the google doc. I had successfully submitted my own FBR docs way back in 2003 - I think that took less than 6 months from papers mailed to certificate in hand. I am hoping she can get her cert by end of winter and we can then jointly submit our passport apps in the spring.

Application submitted online: 12 Oct 2020
Docs received mail: 2 Dec 2020
Request to confirm address:
Confirmation of entry to FBR:
Certificate received:
Application submitted online: 12 Oct 2020
Docs received mail: 2 Dec 2020
Request to confirm address: 4 Nov 2022
Confirmation of entry to FBR:
Certificate received: [/font][/font]

Interesting wrinkle was message that D turned 18 since application and fbr requested her own contact info, all communication must now be between her and fbr office without my direct involvement.

TInFE
Newly Registered

Post by TInFE » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:00 pm

Well Mrs TinFE also wants to join the diaspora now she’s seen my passport, so I’m back here :)

Application submitted online: 6/11/22
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan:
Confirmation of address phone call:
Date added to FBR:
Congrats email:
FBR certificate received:

wjcrichards
Newly Registered

Post by wjcrichards » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:17 am

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes to hear from the fbr.urgentqueries email address?

I reached out to them around a month ago, and I’ve sent a number of chasers.

I’m a March 2020 applicant, my documents were formally received in Balbriggan on the 23rd of March 2020.

Unfortunately I have not had any updates yet, nothing!

I’m starting to think they’ve lost my application 😵💫

Will

MikeyMike
Ireland

Post by MikeyMike » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:44 am

wjcrichards wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:17 am
Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes to hear from the fbr.urgentqueries email address?

I’m a March 2020 applicant, my documents were formally received in Balbriggan on the 23rd of March 2020.

Will
Have you tried calling the number listed on this page: https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/contact-us/ ... tizenship/

WJRob1
Newly Registered

Post by WJRob1 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:46 pm

Further update on the progress of my FBR application:

25th August 2020 - email confirmation that application has been received.
19th October 2022 - email requesting confirmation of home address.
2nd November 2022 - congratulatory email saying FBR application has been successful.
7th November 2022 - FBR Certificate, and all my original documentation, arrived in the post. :D :D :D

Just about to start on my passport application...

MrsC70

Post by MrsC70 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:26 pm

wjcrichards wrote:
Hi all,

Will
We're currently in Canada, and we got the reply 'our time' within 48 hours of sending the email.

Just keep sending the emails until they reply.

wjcrichards
Newly Registered

Post by wjcrichards » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:34 pm

The phone operators have twice told me to send emails! ☹️
MikeyMike wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:44 am
wjcrichards wrote:
Hi all,

Will
Have you tried calling the number listed on this page: https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/contact-us/ ... tizenship/

joemac41
Ireland

Post by joemac41 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:53 pm

My better half's cert came today. Final timeline:

Appied 26 Feb 2020
Documents Sent and Recieved: Sometime in July 2020 and put in system 7 Oct 2020
Confirmation of Address: 12 Oct 2022
Congrats Email: 1 Nov 2022
Certificate Received: 7 Nov 2022

Time to apply for her passport and get the ball rolling there.

onlyzuul
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by onlyzuul » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:26 pm

onlyzuul wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:54 pm
Getting nervous that I missed something, since my documents were received Oct 15, 2020, and seeing December. I know others feel the same way who are probably still waiting from before my dates. It makes me worry that I missed something or they lost it. I’ve checked my junk and deleted messages but don’t see anything so I’m just guessing mine is with a slower team maybe (I hope). I’m so happy things are speeding up though for others who are waiting too.

I got an email this morning. Bad news is that I messed up and sent my marriage license and not certificate. I didn’t realize there was a difference, but it makes sense now. They also asked for my change of address info. So I’ll work on getting the certificate ASAP and send it and proof of address back and hopefully it won’t be much longer after that. The email was from an individual person and not a department, @dfa.ie.

Annoyed at myself for not having the correct documents, but I waited 2+ years, a few more weeks can’t hurt too bad.

MrsC70

Post by MrsC70 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:52 pm

onlyzuul wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:26 pm
onlyzuul wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:54 pm
Getting nervous that I missed something, since my documents were received Oct 15, 2020, and seeing December. I know others feel the same way who are probably still waiting from before my dates. It makes me worry that I missed something or they lost it. I’ve checked my junk and deleted messages but don’t see anything so I’m just guessing mine is with a slower team maybe (I hope). I’m so happy things are speeding up though for others who are waiting too.

I got an email this morning. Bad news is that I messed up and sent my marriage license and not certificate. I didn’t realize there was a difference, but it makes sense now. They also asked for my change of address info. So I’ll work on getting the certificate ASAP and send it and proof of address back and hopefully it won’t be much longer after that. The email was from an individual person and not a department, @dfa.ie.

Annoyed at myself for not having the correct documents, but I waited 2+ years, a few more weeks can’t hurt too bad.

Bigger picture....that's great news. They're working on your application and it'll be in your hands soon!!! :D

Notanotherusername
Newly Registered

Post by Notanotherusername » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:00 am

I’m a little worried about this. I got married in vegas and I’m not sure I have the “legal” version, I only ever had what I now think is a decorative cert from the chapel.

Doing some reading since I think I was supposed to get an official version from the court house or something? I’m not American so no idea!

However I am the Irish citizen and I didn’t change my name so I am hoping it doesn’t matter so much as marriage certs are usually for proof of name change? My birth cert shows the same name as my current documents.

Roonil Wazlib
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Roonil Wazlib » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:53 am

Application submitted online: 7th July 2020
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 6th October 2020
Confirmation of address email: 25th October 2022
Congratulations email: 7th November 2022
Date added to FBR: Pending
FBR certificate received: Pending

I was surprised by how exciting this email was to receive!

The blown out wait time cost me £££ (extending a visa). I am grateful I had other avenues, I couldn't entertain the idea of sitting 2+ years out in another country!

kerrilarkin
Newly Registered

Post by kerrilarkin » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:10 am

hey update on my irish citizenship

i emailed the urgent fbr enquires a few days ago

and the lovely women got back to me , my final approval was 7/11/22

she also said that it goes forward to printing and posting and maybe takes 2/3weeks ques

so thats upside aye. its getting closer

Trekk
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Trekk » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:06 pm

Hi
I sent application and payment July 2021.
At the time the website said not to send supporting documentation due to Covid delays.

Now the site says applications are processed per the date supporting documents were received.

Do I need to wait till asked to send docs. Or will I be asked when my turn ( based on application date rather than document date) comes?

Thanks

bramarcan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by bramarcan » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:16 pm

Trekk wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:06 pm
Hi
At the time the website said not to send supporting documentation due to Covid delays.

Now the site says applications are processed per the date supporting documents were received.

Do I need to wait till asked to send docs. Or will I be asked when my turn ( based on application date rather than document date) comes?

Thanks

Send as soon as you can! As far as I'm aware, they won't reach out to request them.

tullgor
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tullgor » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:29 pm

Apologies if this has been answered before but I don't see a definitive answer in the thread.

My FBR certificate is on it's way to me and I am gathering documents for my passport application. If I use a bank statement as a proof of address, does it need to be an official copy of the statement, mailed from the bank or can I print a statement from my online account? Has anyone had a successful passport application using a printed bank statement? Thanks!

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:29 pm

tullgor wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:29 pm
Apologies if this has been answered before but I don't see a definitive answer in the thread.

My FBR certificate is on it's way to me and I am gathering documents for my passport application. If I use a bank statement as a proof of address, does it need to be an official copy of the statement, mailed from the bank or can I print a statement from my online account? Has anyone had a successful passport application using a printed bank statement? Thanks!
Yeah, the passport application is not fully clear on what's required. I mailed my passport application a few days ago. I guess my approach would be to cover a broad spectrum of criteria they'd consider for judging its suitability for Proof of Address or Proof of Name.
Proof of name (for example, original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence)
Proof of address (for example, original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence)
My headcanon says these are the rules they use to judge:
  • Original document mailed to me > something I printed
  • a government bill > bill from private company
  • traditional utility (water, electricity, etc) > modern utility (internet, mobile)
  • well known company > unknown company
  • more documents > fewer documents
I had a water & sewer bill and a property tax bill from my town for the home I own and live in. I figured those are both very high quality because they're government bills and originals, not printouts. Downside, they're both from the same place, so perhaps 'duplicates' in a way? So better send a few more things in case.
I also sent my mobile phone and cable/internet bills, both things I printed.

And what do they do with them? Are they just checking a box or do they make some attempt to verify them? I have more questions than answers.

tl;dr if you're not sure, send more.

Also, we should probably move this to the Passport Application Discussion 2022 thread.

Pmc87
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Pmc87 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:44 pm

Trekk wrote:
Hi

Thanks
I did exactly the same and sent my docs in May of this year.

On sending I spoke to them regards how they will be processed - which is from when the documents are received, not the date of application.

So if you send them now you have a November 2022 clock start

tullgor
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tullgor » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:56 pm

Thanks GoingBackBackToEire! I didn't realize there was a dedicated passport thread but looking at some posts there it seems some people successfully applied with printed bank statements and others were rejected so I will wait for the statement I requested from my bank.

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:29 pm
tullgor wrote:

Yeah, the passport application is not fully clear on what's required. I mailed my passport application a few days ago. I guess my approach would be to cover a broad spectrum of criteria they'd consider for judging its suitability for Proof of Address or Proof of Name.
Proof of name (for example, original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence)
Proof of address (for example, original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence)
My headcanon says these are the rules they use to judge:
  • Original document mailed to me > something I printed
  • a government bill > bill from private company
  • traditional utility (water, electricity, etc) > modern utility (internet, mobile)
  • well known company > unknown company
  • more documents > fewer documents
I had a water & sewer bill and a property tax bill from my town for the home I own and live in. I figured those are both very high quality because they're government bills and originals, not printouts. Downside, they're both from the same place, so perhaps 'duplicates' in a way? So better send a few more things in case.
I also sent my mobile phone and cable/internet bills, both things I printed.

And what do they do with them? Are they just checking a box or do they make some attempt to verify them? I have more questions than answers.

tl;dr if you're not sure, send more.

Also, we should probably move this to the Passport Application Discussion 2022 thread.

Trekk
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Trekk » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:53 pm

Pmc87 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:44 pm
Trekk wrote:
Hi

Thanks

On sending I spoke to them regards how they will be processed - which is from when the documents are received, not the date of application.

That's upsetting. It would be a year and four months wasted for following their instructions. I've emailed them to explain/ask. Will post if I get an answer. Thanks for the replies.

Pmc87
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Pmc87 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:22 pm

Trekk wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:53 pm
Pmc87 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:44 pm
Trekk wrote:
Hi

Thanks

That's upsetting. It would be a year and four months wasted for following their instructions. I've emailed them to explain/ask. Will post if I get an answer. Thanks for the replies.
Very interested to hear if they say anything different - would be welcome news for us both!

Good luck!

MikeyMike
Ireland

Post by MikeyMike » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:41 pm

tullgor wrote:

If you want to be sure, perhaps call your bank/utility and ask for a one-off printed statement. Something I've done in the past is changed my online account preferences from paperless to mailed statements and then flipped it back once I received the latest statement in paper form. As soon as I receive my FBR congratulations email I'll be doing exactly that.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:58 pm

tullgor wrote:

Just as an FYI, I recently applied and received my Irish passport (I'm American).
For the proof of address and proof of name, I sent a cable bill, a paycheck stub and a bank statement. All downloaded and printed by me, as I don't receive any of my stuff via regular mail. Had no issues with any of the documents I provided. FWIW.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:59 pm

MikeyMike wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:41 pm
tullgor wrote:

If you want to be sure, perhaps call your bank/utility and ask for a one-off printed statement. Something I've done in the past is changed my online account preferences from paperless to mailed statements and then flipped it back once I received the latest statement in paper form. As soon as I receive my FBR congratulations email I'll be doing exactly that.
If you really want to provide "original" copy of bank statement, you could also go to your bank, ask them to print one and stamp it for you.

BlimeyOReilly
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BlimeyOReilly » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:37 pm

Someone posted this link on another site showing figures of applications received by month and approvals this year by month. Not sure where they got info from. Hope link works https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 2BoK58UW-s