ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Open a bank account with ARC?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lord-mayor
Newly Registered

Open a bank account with ARC?

Post by lord-mayor » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 am

I will love to open a bank account with ARC. Does anyone know if this is possible and which bank allows that.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Open a bank account with ARC?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:59 am

The ARC is described on gov.uk as certifying: "that you are an asylum claimant and can remain in the UK while your claim is pending."
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-card-arc
Refer to the banking section.
As far as I know banks generally ask for a BRP which is issued if you have a visa or permanent residence.
Perhaps you may be able to apply for a "basic bank account" but I cannot recommend/endorse any bank providing those restricted accounts.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Open a bank account with ARC?

Post by Yahas76 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:55 pm

lord-mayor wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 am
I will love to open a bank account with ARC. Does anyone know if this is possible and which bank allows that.
Hi Mayor,

Yes, you can open bank account with ARC plus you need asylum support letter from the Home Office which should mentione your current address, also showing that you are on Asylum Support (Section 95 or Section 4) and you are getting 40.85 pounds per week as financial help.

Please note that you can get this letter through migrant help, call them and explain that why you need this letter.

You can go to Nationiwde and Metro, recently one of my friend open his bank account in Lyods Bank with an ARC plus the letter.

Wish you good luck.