ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deadline for applying 1G stamp after graduation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

daguguji
Newly Registered
China

Deadline for applying 1G stamp after graduation

Post by daguguji » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:48 pm

Hi everyone, I am now trying to deal with the 1G issue. The situation is that I graduated in September with a level 8 diploma which can grant me a 1 year 1G stamp. I am now enrolled in a master course which will be graduated in Novmber and I would like to apply 1G using my level 8 diploma degree because the company I am interviewing with wish I can use my 1G visa to work right after I finish my master course. The course will be ended up in June next year. So I might probably start to work in August or Sepetmebr. But at the time I cannot get my 1G stamp using my master degree since the official result came on Nov. I searched on the government website found that there is no restriction on the application time for stamp 1G, but my friend told me that once you graduate over 6 months, you cannot apply 1G using that degree. Does anyone familiar with the the 1G application process, or can anyone give me the 6 months restriction reference? Is it just a rumor? Thank you very much in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Deadline for applying 1G stamp after graduation

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:16 pm

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... programme/
In order to qualify graduates:
[...]
Must hold a current Stamp 2 student immigration permission and an up-to-date immigration registration card, and must apply within six months of being notified by the relevant awarding body or institution that they have achieved the award for which they had enrolled as a student
Also,
daguguji wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:48 pm
But at the time I cannot get my 1G stamp using my master degree since the official result came on Nov.
I'm a bit confused about your situation, but as far as I know, if you finished your course in June and can get an official letter showing you're graduated, before you have a graduation ceremony in Nov, you can apply for 1G with it.
Must present evidence of the final award being attained by way of a parchment or, in circumstances where the graduation ceremony is yet to take place, an official letter for the awarding body / institution confirming that the award has been achieved.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

daguguji
Newly Registered
China

Post by daguguji » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:33 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:16 pm
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... programme/
In order to qualify graduates:
[...]
Must hold a current Stamp 2 student immigration permission and an up-to-date immigration registration card, and must apply within six months of being notified by the relevant awarding body or institution that they have achieved the award for which they had enrolled as a student
Also,
daguguji wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:48 pm
But at the time I cannot get my 1G stamp using my master degree since the official result came on Nov.
I'm a bit confused about your situation, but as far as I know, if you finished your course in June and can get an official letter showing you're graduated, before you have a graduation ceremony in Nov, you can apply for 1G with it.
Must present evidence of the final award being attained by way of a parchment or, in circumstances where the graduation ceremony is yet to take place, an official letter for the awarding body / institution confirming that the award has been achieved.
OMG I am so dumb, thank you very much sir, it has been shown clearly that it has to be within six months. I will try to contact the school for more details. Thank you very much.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:47 pm

Have a chat with the international office/adviser in your uni, I'm sure your case is not unique. If you're done in June (I assume by "done" you also mean grades are given), you should be able to get a letter saying you've done your degree. Use it to apply for 1G (book a slot at the Garda station in advance if youre outside Dublin) and you should get the stamp in a month or two after applying (no idea what the deadlines would be in a year, that's just the suggestion). Keep your future employer in the loop, maybe they have HR consultants that you can ask.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.