ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medicals when pregant

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rhiannon
Newly Registered

Medicals when pregant

Post by Rhiannon » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:55 pm

Can someone tell me if you can have a medical for immigration when you're pregnant? I'm not sure and can't find anything on it anywhere. :?

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:14 am

Not sure if this is any use, but I did the medical a few weeks ago and had to fill in a few forms giving my medical histry and so on. One of the questions on the form was "Are you pregnant?". So, it would seem that it is certainly possible to have the medical when you're pregnant.

I suppose it might have an effect on how much money you need to take over if you are applying under a category that requires a certan income level, but it should be fine otherwise.

Oh, and congratulations!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:39 am

Rhiannon wrote:
Can someone tell me if you can have a medical for immigration when you're pregnant? I'm not sure and can't find anything on it anywhere.
No - the medical includes having an x-ray which is dangerous to your unborn child. You need to notify your visa processing post about your pregnancy so they can factor this into their request for a medical. Once the baby is born you should contact the visa post again and wait for further instructions. You will have to add the baby to the application and submit fresh family composition forms. Depending on the relevant application class e.g. skilled, family etc you may have to pay a further processing fee and demonstrate increased funds.

Congratulations on the good news