ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turkey Evisa for Indian Nationals

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imma8080
India

Turkey Evisa for Indian Nationals

Post by imma8080 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:53 pm

Hello All,

I and my wife are British Nationals living in the UK and my in laws are with us in the UK using the UK Visitor Visa which expires in March 2023.

We are planning to apply for Turkey Evisa as my understanding is, as they have a valid visitor in the UK, they can apply for a Evisa for Turkey, rather than the sticker visa that Indian nationals usually get , when applied from India.

Can you please confirm if the UK visitor visa is suffice to apply for Evisa?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Turkey Evisa for Indian Nationals

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:44 am

Hello,

In your scenario, it seems possible for them to go to Türkiye with an eVisa:

https://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information ... ers.en.mfa (see under India).

These are eligibility conditions:
  • My passport covers the period that I will be staying in Türkiye.
  • I can prove that I hold a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 $ per each day of my stay.
  • I am travelling for the purposes of tourism or business.
  • I have a valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). E-visas are not accepted as supporting documents.
Apply here:
http://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

secret.simon

Re: Turkey Evisa for Indian Nationals

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:29 pm

I could be wrong, and the Turkish MFA website does not state it, but my reading of that paragraph would be that the "Valid visa" requirements for holders of UK, Irish, Schengen and US visas refers implicitly to residency visas, not visit visas.

The fact that it is stated alongside residence permit which are an alternative to visa vignettes, but for residents, not visitors, is the basis of my reading.

It may be worth contacting the Turkish Embassy in London to clarify this point.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.