ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

input-output
Armenia

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by input-output » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:13 pm

Hi everyone

I have a question - in case of applying on behalf of chidren, FBR requests an additional set of counter-signed photographs 'because the child has grown up in the past 24 months since application'. If you had a similar request, what is the usual turn-around time from the moment of sending required photographs to the decision being made?

Thank you - it has been over two weeks and we are worried

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:36 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:23 pm
Application submitted online: 03 Dec 2020
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 18 Dec 2020

Email requesting a document 16/11/2022 :P

(Document was an affidavit of parental estrangement)
Ah!!!!!!! You're in the same situation as me. We've spoken on here before. I am estranged from my mother and I sent a note and an affidavit with my application. It's fantastic to hear that they are going to approve you! This has made my day.

Tumbledwyer
Newly Registered

Post by Tumbledwyer » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:26 am

Tumbledwyer wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:20 pm
Tumbledwyer wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:57 pm
Evening all,

Long time lurker here. Thank you all for keeping me sane.... whoever started 'The Spreadsheet' deserves a medal!

Application date: 01/09/2020
Documents received: 28/9/2020
Address check: 21/10/2022
Congrats email:
FBR cert received:

I know I've left a certificate out (pandemic brain!) so am fully expecting a query email to follow. Just excited to be at the top of the pile for now though!
Update! I've been accepted, woo hoo! Actually feeling quite stunned, after the 2 year wait. Can't quite believe it.....

Congrats email: 9/11/2022
FBR cert received:

I've also moved straight on to panicking that my post (South London, UK) has been terrible the past 6 weeks or so, between Royal Mail strikes and staff shortages. Has anyone who's had their FBR cert in the UK recently actually had to sign for it? Is a recorded/trackable service used at all? :?
My certificate arrived! Super relieved. Envelope said 'signature required' but it just came through the door.

Congrats email: 9/11/2022
FBR cert received:18/11/2022

Thanks to everyone collectively for contributing to this forum. It's been really helpful and has felt like a little community in a crazy time. (Who knows, maybe on a quiet night I may check back to see if anyone else is planning to email the Queen to speed things up! ;-P )

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:34 pm

Valo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:36 pm
Mr_Knight wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:23 pm
Application submitted online: 03 Dec 2020
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 18 Dec 2020

Email requesting a document 16/11/2022 :P

(Document was an affidavit of parental estrangement)
Ah!!!!!!! You're in the same situation as me. We've spoken on here before. I am estranged from my mother and I sent a note and an affidavit with my application. It's fantastic to hear that they are going to approve you! This has made my day.
It is a frustrating predicament to be in & is such a grey area. At least this officially shines some light on the situation rather than speculations.

MrsC70

Post by MrsC70 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:57 pm

Found this on another forum website. Someone has already asked for clarification, but if she has posted her dates correctly, then this is MASSIVE!!!! They may have already broken into 2021 applications!!!!

#4 · Nov 15, 2022

My sister and I applied (Irish Grandmother) in January, 2021. Yesterday I received an email requesting clarification on a document. So they are looking at it. It is almost the expected two years. 22 months.
Save
Reply Quote

I will keep checking to see if she replies.

MrsC70

Post by MrsC70 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:51 pm

I'm replying to myself.

She replied to the OP.

#6 · 36 m ago

January, 2021. That's only a month later. No approvals yet, they're seeking clarification on a document.

According to the spreadsheet on page 233 there was only 48 (I think) applications received in January!!!

Pmc87
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Pmc87 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:59 pm

MrsC70 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:51 pm
I'm replying to myself.

She replied to the OP.

#6 · 36 m ago

January, 2021. That's only a month later. No approvals yet, they're seeking clarification on a document.

According to the spreadsheet on page 233 there was only 48 (I think) applications received in January!!!
If on to Jan 21 that’s massive -given the reported 3k applications in Dec 20 - which only stated processing this month from what I remember!

Bring on May 22 :D

Apple10

Post by Apple10 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:00 pm

MrsC70 wrote:
I'm replying to myself.

She replied to the OP.

#6 · 36 m ago

It makes me wonder if they are actually doing the apps by dates of docs received or by application date. Theoretically everyone in 2021 up to November couldn't send their docs in (according to their rules). I very much hope it is by application date for the 2021.

MrsC70

Post by MrsC70 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:23 pm

Apple10 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:00 pm
MrsC70 wrote:
I'm replying to myself.

She replied to the OP.

#6 · 36 m ago

It makes me wonder if they are actually doing the apps by dates of docs received or by application date. Theoretically everyone in 2021 up to November couldn't send their docs in (according to their rules). I very much hope it is by application date for the 2021.
As a child of the 70s who doesn't follow rules very well :wink:, I sent mine and my other half's own documents in July '21, I'm sure I wasn't alone.

When you look at the dates people post it certainly looks like it's documents received which matches what the FBR state.

Apple10

Post by Apple10 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:23 pm

Hah I was a mug and sent mine when they re-opened. Regretting that now... :roll:

Did you a date of when they officially received your docs? I emailed them and they confirmed that they had "registered" my app in Nov rather than in July when I made the app.

rduncan22
Newly Registered

Post by rduncan22 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:56 am

I sent docs November 2020 - not marked as received until Jan 21 (not sure why as others had theirs marked as received in Nov on the tracker!). Not heard anything yet for confirmation of address - do they always reach out first as we’ve moved house since sending?

Apple10

Post by Apple10 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 pm

rduncan22 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:56 am
I sent docs November 2020 - not marked as received until Jan 21 (not sure why as others had theirs marked as received in Nov on the tracker!). Not heard anything yet for confirmation of address - do they always reach out first as we’ve moved house since sending?
Yes I think they do as precursor either before or after they have officially rubber stamped it. I don't think I have seen anyone NOT get an address check. I'm sure yours will be happening soon you lucky person!

BillandSarah
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by BillandSarah » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:34 pm

Thanks to all for their contributions to this forum. I've seen multiple posts noting the date an email had come in confirming the application had been received. I assume these e-mails came from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

Getting nervous as although I got an email from the postal service that the applications I submitted for my kids which I had mailed Dec 18, 2020 had been delivered Dec 30, 2020, I never got any email from the DFA itself acknowledging anything.
Did everyone receive an email from the DFA?
Thanks again to all.
Bill

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:56 pm

rduncan22 wrote:
I sent docs November 2020 - not marked as received until Jan 21 (not sure why as others had theirs marked as received in Nov on the tracker!).
Looking at the spreadsheet, there were no "docs received" in Nov 2020. I vaguely recall they were closed then. Perhaps that was the Omicron wave?
Not heard anything yet for confirmation of address - do they always reach out first as we’ve moved house since sending?
I have a hunch that some teams do the address check at the beginning and others do it near the end. In theory, doing it at the beginning is more efficient because you can resolve that in parallel.
But yes, they will reach out before sending off your documents.

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:12 pm

BillandSarah wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:34 pm
Thanks to all for their contributions to this forum. I've seen multiple posts noting the date an email had come in confirming the application had been received. I assume these e-mails came from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
Yes, the domain is @dfa.ie in case you want to whitelist that in your email program.
BillandSarah wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:34 pm
Getting nervous as although I got an email from the postal service that the applications I submitted for my kids which I had mailed Dec 18, 2020 had been delivered Dec 30, 2020, I never got any email from the DFA itself acknowledging anything.
Did everyone receive an email from the DFA?
Thanks again to all.
Bill
Nothing to be nervous about. During the pandemic shutdowns some applications didn't get "documents received" emails. It's okay. They don't lose these things.

Notanotherusername
Newly Registered

Post by Notanotherusername » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:10 pm

input-output wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:13 pm
Hi everyone

I have a question - in case of applying on behalf of chidren, FBR requests an additional set of counter-signed photographs 'because the child has grown up in the past 24 months since application'. If you had a similar request, what is the usual turn-around time from the moment of sending required photographs to the decision being made?

Thank you - it has been over two weeks and we are worried
How old are your children?

Looking at others applications though it seems to be about 2 weeks from address check to confirmation of approval if no other documents needed. So maybe allow a bit more time for the photos to get there, make it through the internal post, be checked and approved?

Clonylad
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Clonylad » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:00 pm

Another long time lurker with good news - received my confirmation of address email today 21/11/22. I did have an issue with the photos I sent and had to send 4 more - on photo paper - I'd sent mine on copy paper. This delayed my application by a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the updates on this forum - I've been checking in regularly for the past 18 months.

Online Application: 25/08/20
Documents received: 02/12/20
Address Confirmation: 21/11/22

rduncan22
Newly Registered

Post by rduncan22 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:01 pm

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:56 pm
rduncan22 wrote:
I sent docs November 2020 - not marked as received until Jan 21 (not sure why as others had theirs marked as received in Nov on the tracker!).
Looking at the spreadsheet, there were no "docs received" in Nov 2020. I vaguely recall they were closed then. Perhaps that was the Omicron wave?
Not heard anything yet for confirmation of address - do they always reach out first as we’ve moved house since sending?
I have a hunch that some teams do the address check at the beginning and others do it near the end. In theory, doing it at the beginning is more efficient because you can resolve that in parallel.
But yes, they will reach out before sending off your documents.
I have just received confirmation of address details! Which means they are now processing applications with documents marked as received in Jan 2021

rduncan22
Newly Registered

Post by rduncan22 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm

I have just received confirmation of address details! Which means they are now processing applications with documents marked as received in Jan 2021
Got my dates wrong, correct below:

Application date: 8/12/20
Documents marked as received: 2/2/21
Address confirmation: 21/11/22

MrsC70

Post by MrsC70 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:08 pm

rduncan22 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm
Got my dates wrong, correct below:

Application date: 8/12/20
Documents marked as received: 2/2/21
Address confirmation: 21/11/22
FEBRUARY!!!!! Woohoo...that's amazing!!!
Last edited by MrsC70 on Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HPFA
Newly Registered

Post by HPFA » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:09 pm

Wowee!!

Confirmation of address Email for my application for my daughter!

Can't remember the exact dates as didn't receive a receipt of documents but they were sent between Christmas and New Year 2020.

Daughter is now over 18 but I didn't receive a request to transfer to her Email as an earlier poster did so this part of the process seems quite random.

It does stress that this doesn't confirm the application will be successful but I haven't seen many posts on the forum about failure at this stage? It should be a straightforward application unless I made some stupid mistake but I rechecked it all many times!

Amazing to think just a few weeks ago the applications seemed stuck in February.

MrsC70

Post by MrsC70 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:13 pm

HPFA wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:09 pm
Wowee!!

Can't remember the exact dates as didn't receive a receipt of documents but they were sent between Christmas and New Year 2020.

Daughter is now over 18 but I didn't receive a request to transfer to her Email as an earlier poster did so this part of the process seems quite random.

It does stress that this doesn't confirm the application will be successful but I haven't seen many posts on the forum about failure at this stage? It should be a straightforward application unless I made some stupid mistake but I rechecked it all many times!

Amazing to think just a few weeks ago the applications seemed stuck in February.
That's fabulous news...and if you see the post two above yours, they've jumped forward a whole year and are now on February 2021!!!!

HPFA
Newly Registered

Post by HPFA » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:23 pm

MrsC70 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:13 pm
HPFA wrote:
Wowee!!

That's fabulous news...and if you see the post two above yours, they've jumped forward a whole year and are now on February 2021!!!!
I'm happy for her but also furious that what was once the entitlement of every eighteen year old in the UK is now confined to those lucky enough to have the right ancestry!

Kathyandemma
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Kathyandemma » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:42 pm

It's my turn!!!
I got the following email this morning.

Your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register will be approved shortly and a Foreign Birth Registration Certificate and your original documents will be returned to you by registered post, which will require a signature on delivery.

To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email.

My documents were received in Ireland 24-Dec-2020. This is the first communication I have received. I was worried the papers got lost during covid. I am so excited!!

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:47 pm

HPFA wrote:
Yes, that's interesting. I've been following this thread fairly closely for more than a year and haven't heard of many (any?) applications getting outright rejected, have we?