ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after ILR decision but before BRP collected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

emceez
Newly Registered

Travel after ILR decision but before BRP collected

Post by emceez » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:55 am

Hi,

We are in a bit of a situation and could use some advice.

My wife had applied for her ILR on super-priority service and submitted biometrics on Oct 26th hoping to get the decision soon as we had to travel to India in a short space of time. Unfortunately the decision got delayed and we eventually gave up and booked the flight tickets as we had to travel urgently.

Our flight is on Tuesday and today morning she's got the decision email. Now we don't know how long it will take for the BRP to arrive. It's tricky to postpone as we need to travel urgently.

Can we travel without collecting the BRP and ask someone to collect it on our behalf and courier it to us?

Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Travel after ILR decision but before BRP collected

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:49 am

emceez wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:55 am
Hi,

We are in a bit of a situation and could use some advice.

My wife had applied for her ILR on super-priority service and submitted biometrics on Oct 26th hoping to get the decision soon as we had to travel to India in a short space of time. Unfortunately the decision got delayed and we eventually gave up and booked the flight tickets as we had to travel urgently.

Our flight is on Tuesday and today morning she's got the decision email. Now we don't know how long it will take for the BRP to arrive. It's tricky to postpone as we need to travel urgently.

Can we travel without collecting the BRP and ask someone to collect it on our behalf and courier it to us?

Regards
It is not the most ideal of situations however similar scenario played out before. Better still if have someone who can hand carry to you instead of courier.

emceez
Newly Registered

Post by emceez » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:08 am

Sure, courier was just a thought, but yes can get some one to bring it with them too. But would there be any complications while going out of UK?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:14 am

emceez wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:08 am
Sure, courier was just a thought, but yes can get some one to bring it with them too. But would there be any complications while going out of UK?
No complications while exiting UK however when returning it must be at hand to show the right to be in UK and hence allowing to board aircraft.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:36 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:14 am
emceez wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:08 am
No complications while exiting UK however when returning it must be at hand to show the right to be in UK and hence allowing to board aircraft.
I'm always of the opinion that "what if". Always better to have it at hand before heading out there.
What if the BRP has a typo.
What if the BRP gets missing in transit.
Too many "what if" variables.

Maybe I'm just an overthinker. 8)
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

emceez
Newly Registered

Post by emceez » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:46 am

Yeah, I am a similar "what if" person, which is why I was trying to check options :)

The problem is that we have to travel soon, will wait till Monday and take the call.