ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Just called up HO to know status of my application. Last time I called they didn't provide any status, but this time they gave me status as "Still under consideration". Applied on 22nd Sept...

Hobbitt
Newly Registered

Post by Hobbitt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi Seth,

I called Immigration Bureau. They gave me new fax no. for urgent treatment which is 01142072536. The lady said just have to write a letter (no form available). The letter should include reference no. D.O.B & Nationality.

Hope it helps

Hobbitt
Newly Registered

Post by Hobbitt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:11 pm

I have got my Tier 1 general finally.
Now have to apply for dependents. Can I use my bank statement from UK to apply for dependents in Pakistan? Or they have to show teir own?
Also should the statement be only 7 days old (as they are applying from outside UK)? If yes any suggestions how to arrange that, as Barclays bank statement reaches your UK address the 7th day and the bank staff says they cannot do any quicker than that. So quite impossibe to submit it within 7 days to the embassy.

Timelines;
Application posted 27th Oct *( switching student to Tier1 )
Acknowlwdgement letter received 29th Oct
Called HO .......... 14th Nov (reply: still in queue not with a case worker yet)
Called again............19th Nov (reply: cant tell before 6 weeks so call on 10th Dec). Reached home and got the approved documents & passport the same evening (I had sent them special delivery pack for return)

Thanks for all the help from this forum.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

7 days bank statement (it is really a pain bruv)

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 am

Hi Brother Hobbit,

Congratulation, MashaALLAh, well nice to hear that...Well i have got my tier 1 general as well my family just went to apply as my dependant from pakistan, if you are providing the bank statement then it should not be older than 7 days...so please be-careful, try to get your bank to print ya out temporary statement and if they are kind enough then tell them the whole story and ask them to sign it for you, i tried to get my bank statement before my wife was leaving last week, i went to my bank (HSBC), they didnt sign the statement as it is not their policy to sign and stamp but they printed me off one on their letter head and mentioned "Temporary Statement" on top of it.

Hope this helps, any further queries if you want to ask, you can drop me a message...

Congratulations to everyone here for their success and wish all others a very good luck..

Bye,
Hobbitt wrote:I have got my Tier 1 general finally.
Now have to apply for dependents. Can I use my bank statement from UK to apply for dependents in Pakistan? Or they have to show teir own?
Also should the statement be only 7 days old (as they are applying from outside UK)? If yes any suggestions how to arrange that, as Barclays bank statement reaches your UK address the 7th day and the bank staff says they cannot do any quicker than that. So quite impossibe to submit it within 7 days to the embassy.

Timelines;
Application posted 27th Oct *( switching student to Tier1 )
Acknowlwdgement letter received 29th Oct
Called HO .......... 14th Nov (reply: still in queue not with a case worker yet)
Called again............19th Nov (reply: cant tell before 6 weeks so call on 10th Dec). Reached home and got the approved documents & passport the same evening (I had sent them special delivery pack for return)

Thanks for all the help from this forum.
AZ

balu1983

hi

Post by balu1983 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:32 am

Applied On : 21st OCT, 2008
Center : VFS Hyderabad
Integra : No idea
Passport received with stamping : 24th NOV, 2008

Thanks to all and Thanks to ramgsk

Hobbitt
Newly Registered

Post by Hobbitt » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Thanks Sep08T1Applicant,

I have got another question; as I got my LTR on 15th Nov 08, so I don't have a job yet. Is it possible for me to apply for my dependents straightaway. I am planning to do it in first week of december from Lahore, Pakistan.

Or do I need to have a job as I am already in UK. Also what to put in the VAF-10 form, I think it would be "Joining Later". My concern is would ticking this option have any compulsions on Main Applicant having a job already.

Also if you plz have the checklist for dependent application in Pakistan, can u send that as well.

All help is appreciated, anyone whos has the knowledge plz respond.

piyush123

Re: Policy Guidance

Post by piyush123 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:46 am

Hi cadeaux,

Can you please tell me the status of ur application?
As I'm still waiting for mine.

Thanks.

cadeaux wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your response.
Hope we'll get our visas soon)

piyush123 wrote:Hi,

I have also applied(with one dependent, from within UK) on 4th sep'08, and still waiting.
I have been calling HO, but always get the answer "application is under consideration".
About your query "case worker is waiting for policy guidance ", I think the case worker wants to refer the latest Policy Guidance document...

Please update of you hear something from HO.

Good Luck.

cadeaux wrote:Hi everyone,

I applied for Tier I on Sept, 4th and now keep calling HO to check the status which is still under consideration. Today I have been told that the case worker is waiting for policy guidance to deal with my application. Has anyone had the same experience? What does it mean?

Thanks a lot

Timing so far
Sent docs: 04.09.08
Docs received by HO: 05.09.08
Ref number: PB317
Assigned to CW: 30.09

Hobbitt
Newly Registered

Post by Hobbitt » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:48 am

Hi all, I am waiting for your valuable feedback :roll:

saurya_s

Time line for application from Delhi

Post by saurya_s » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:51 am

Hi all,
My partner want to switch from dependent visa to HSMP. She has a job and it seems one has to go back to home country to get HSMP/Tier 1. Does anybody know how long does the process take and can it be made faster if my partner shows that she has a job and she came to Delhi just to switch to Tier 1.
Many thanks
S

cadeaux
Newly Registered

Post by cadeaux » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 am

Hi piyush,

My application is still under consideration. I've sent them a fax with urgent treatment request and a job offer again but no results...
What with yours?

BR,
C
piyush123 wrote:Hi cadeaux,

Thanks.

I have also applied(with one dependent, from within UK) on 4th sep'08, and still waiting.
I have been calling HO, but always get the answer "application is under consideration".
About your query "case worker is waiting for policy guidance ", I think the case worker wants to refer the latest Policy Guidance document...

Good Luck.

cadeaux wrote:Hi everyone,

I applied for Tier I on Sept, 4th and now keep calling HO to check the status which is still under consideration. Today I have been told that the case worker is waiting for policy guidance to deal with my application. Has anyone had the same experience? What does it mean?

Thanks a lot

Timing so far
Sent docs: 04.09.08
Docs received by HO: 05.09.08
Ref number: PB317
Assigned to CW: 30.09

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi cadeaux,

When did you sent the UT request?

I too have sent UT by post, but havn't heard anything from HO. So my application is still under consideration.

We can just hope to get it soon.

cadeaux wrote:Hi piyush,

My application is still under consideration. I've sent them a fax with urgent treatment request and a job offer again but no results...
What with yours?

BR,
C
piyush123 wrote:Hi cadeaux,

Thanks.

Good Luck.

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:45 pm

I have applied on 22nd Sept and still waiting as well. Not sure what is going on at HO.

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Hi Piyush & Cadeaux,

I was thinking of sending a UT request as well with job offer. I have applied on 22nd Sept but still don't have any response. Same thing called up couple of time but usual response.

Could you please tell me how long it has been since you have sent in UT request?

Thanks,
Viral

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi viralshah,

I have applied UT on 20st Nov. But there is no response from HO side.Though CC has confirmed that they received my UT request and then forwarded it to Case worker team.

All the best to you too.

viralshah wrote:Hi Piyush & Cadeaux,

I was thinking of sending a UT request as well with job offer. I have applied on 22nd Sept but still don't have any response. Same thing called up couple of time but usual response.

Could you please tell me how long it has been since you have sent in UT request?

Thanks,
Viral

babala
Newly Registered

Post by babala » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:20 pm

I got my Tier 1 visa today!! (WP to Tier 1 (gerneral) applied in the UK)

My Time Line:

application sent by special delivery: 5th Nov
(I phoned a few times to HO and they said there was a problem in their payment system)
acknowledgement letter dated: 11th Nov
payment deducted from credit card: 12th Nov
acknowledgement letter received: 13th Nov
approval letter dated: 21st Nov
passport received: 25th Nov (I attached special delivery envelope)

It takes 20 days from submitting application to receiving back my passport

tonynz

Processing times for Tier 1 (Nov/Dec 2008)

Post by tonynz » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:47 am

It appears that most application are processed under 2 months - can I safely assume that if I apply from New Zealand my Tier 1?

Also regarding Urgent Treatment; can I get someone to write me a letter stating that they need me in the UK?

Thanks in advance

T

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:09 am

Hi Piyush,

As I have seen with previous posts about UT, HO takes about a week to process UT and send documents back, if considered.

I wish you all the very best... and thanks for replying.

Viral

velsangs
Newly Registered

Post by velsangs » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:27 am

I got my Tier 1 visa yesterday!!

Switching from WP to Tier1 General
My Time Line:

Application Submitted - 20 Oct 2008
Fee Debited - 22 Oct 2008
Reference Letter Received - 24 oct 2008
Stamped on: Nov 4th
passport received: 25th Nov

afzalasm

HSMP to Tier 1 General

Post by afzalasm » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi,

I sent my docs under the hsmp judicial review to extend HSMP visa to Tier 1 (General). I am still waiting for a response and following are my details;

Application sent by royal mail : 12 Nov 2008
Fee Debited : 13 Nov
Acknowledgement recievied: 14 Nov (Letter date : 13 Nov)
Phoned HO 26 Nov and they say they can't give a response before 6 weeks (Known stuff but just tried).

Still waiting, any ideas friend on how long this is giong to take? Also, have any one successfully made his URGENT Treatment accepted by them? If yes on what grounds and how long they take after recieving the fax? Do they acknowledge that they will treat your application as URGENT or not?

Regards,
Afzal
Regards,
Afzal

cadeaux
Newly Registered

Post by cadeaux » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi viralshah,

I have sent my first UT request on 16th of October and then sent another one on 10th of November and one more last week. But my application is still under consideration although HO has continuisly been saying to me that my case is considered as urgent.
So, I don't know, sometimes UT is not helping at all...
But hopefully, we'll get our approvals soon
viralshah wrote:Hi Piyush & Cadeaux,

Thanks,
Viral

viralshah
Newly Registered

Post by viralshah » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi Cadeaux,

Well how urgent could you get more than this!!!

Surprised and also lost all hopes of getting visa in near future.

I wonder if they send our applications to MI6 -> FBI -> KGB and back for checks. It certainly is going to take time. :)

But thank you very much for replying and hope the best ahead...

Cheers,
Viral

cadeaux
Newly Registered

Post by cadeaux » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:29 pm

viralshah,
No, we definitely shouldn't loose our hope...that's the only we can do now...
good luck)
viralshah wrote:Hi Cadeaux,

Well how urgent could you get more than this!!!

Surprised and also lost all hopes of getting visa in near future.

I wonder if they send our applications to MI6 -> FBI -> KGB and back for checks. It certainly is going to take time. :)

But thank you very much for replying and hope the best ahead...

Cheers,
Viral

vipin vasudevan
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP to Tier 1 General

Post by vipin vasudevan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi Afzal,

I appear to be in your same boat.On the letter you received from them, is it mentioned that ''Thank your for your application for leave to remain in the UK made under the Points Based System''.I had applied using the Tier1(HSMP ) form under the judicial review.Just confused when I saw this letter and wanted to check whether this is a general letter they send out.

Thanks,

vipin
afzalasm wrote:Hi,

I sent my docs under the hsmp judicial review to extend HSMP visa to Tier 1 (General). I am still waiting for a response and following are my details;

Application sent by royal mail : 12 Nov 2008
Fee Debited : 13 Nov
Acknowledgement recievied: 14 Nov (Letter date : 13 Nov)
Phoned HO 26 Nov and they say they can't give a response before 6 weeks (Known stuff but just tried).

Still waiting, any ideas friend on how long this is giong to take? Also, have any one successfully made his URGENT Treatment accepted by them? If yes on what grounds and how long they take after recieving the fax? Do they acknowledge that they will treat your application as URGENT or not?

Regards,
Afzal

vijaypalrana

Got my passport with Tier1 stamping

Post by vijaypalrana » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:06 am

Date Applied: 24/10/2008
Date Recieved: 27/11/2008
VISA stamped for 3 years
VISA Applied at VFS Bangalore

viralshah
Newly Registered

Rejection due to difference in names

Post by viralshah » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:58 am

My Tier-1 application has been rejected after 2 months due to difference in names on my passport and degree certificate.

Passport: SHAH VIRALKUMAR MAHESHKUMAR
Degree: SHAH VIRAL MAHESHBHAI

They didn't consider an affidavit with the application and have asked for a letter from independent institution, most probably university or college to verify the degree.

Has anyone got similar sort of case? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Viral