ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extend spouse family visa- documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Extend spouse family visa- documents

Post by AYB » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:53 pm

Hello,

My spouse's resident permit expires on 15.01.23.

I understand that an extension can only be requested 28 days before expiry.

Can I start collecting the documents before? That is, documents from the workplace and bank statements.
Can the date on them be from the beginning of December, even though I will submit them at the end of the month?

Is there any consideration for the fact that I have already been approved for this visa in the past, or is the process exactly the same?

I would appreciate any advice on the renewal process, waiting times, etc.

Also, has anyone encountered a problem re-entering the UK a few days before the visa expires?

Many thanks,
A

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Extend spouse family visa- documents

Post by Ticktack » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:37 pm

AYB wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:53 pm
Hello,

My spouse's resident permit expires on 15.01.23.

I understand that an extension can only be requested 28 days before expiry.Extension can be applied for at anytime. It's just advisable to apply from the time you've spent 2 years and 6 months since you entered the UK until anytime before visa expiry. If you apply earlier, you'd still be granted the visa. However, you might end up short to the 5 years mark.

Can I start collecting the documents before? That is, documents from the workplace and bank statements. You can kick start the process. However, it would be nice for your letter from HR to be dated closer to your visa application. A month at the most. All other documents would naturally be from the last 2 years till date.
Can the date on them be from the beginning of December, even though I will submit them at the end of the month?Fair enough.

Is there any consideration for the fact that I have already been approved for this visa in the past, or is the process exactly the same?Process doesn't change. You need to prove that your relationship is still subsisting. Your spouse is the reason you're here.

I would appreciate any advice on the renewal process, waiting times, etc.Have a dummy run on the system, and read the FLR (M) requirements on google search. Then if you have questions, you can ask on this same thread. It could take between 12 weeks - 6 months to process.

Also, has anyone encountered a problem re-entering the UK a few days before the visa expires? Your visa is valid till the last day. You would always get immigration clearance. You might get asked questions why you're coming in so close to expiration. But it's just talk. FYI, also note that you can only make the application from inside the UK. So give ample time to get back and sort yourself out.

Many thanks,
A
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AYB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by AYB » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:24 pm

Many thanks for your response.

Do I need all the documents ready once I start the application?

Does the appointment have to be before the visa expires? Assuming I am booking an appointment after the visa expires, is it possible to leave and enter England after the visa has expired?

Many thanks,

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:55 pm

AYB wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:24 pm
Does the appointment have to be before the visa expires?
If you mean the biometric appointment - no, it can be after the expiration date. If you mean online application itself, that should be before the expiration date to avoid overstaying.
AYB wrote:
Assuming I am booking an appointment after the visa expires, is it possible to leave and enter England after the visa has expired?
No. If they leave UK after their visa expires, their pending application will be withdrawn and they won't be able to return back to the UK. Only when application is approved and they got new BRP in hand, they can travel.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:25 pm

AYB wrote:
Many thanks for your response.

Do I need all the documents ready once I start the application? The time limited documents should be ready by the time you are submitting the application I.e dated within 28days of application date.

Does the appointment have to be before the visa expires? Application to be submitted beforebvisa expires though your biometrics appointment can be after. Assuming I am booking an appointment after the visa expires, is it possible to leave and enter England after the visa has expired?

Many thanks,