ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by mentalmind » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:20 pm

Irishboy wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:43 pm
Guys do ye think there would be more approval before the next ceremony in December 😃 I got my second vetting viewed in February this year. I was expecting large volume of approvals.
I don't think so. There is less than a month for the ceremony and no one posted any updates recently. I see that you applied in 2018 and still waiting. So it will be 4 years for you, why didn't you already talk with a solicitor and go to JR way? Just find a solicitor, explain your situation and send a letter to ISD.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:49 am

So, just confirming I can't do anything else: I submitted FOI a week ago. And I can submit JR only after 23 months, correct?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:18 am

RCCar wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:49 am
So, just confirming I can't do anything else: I submitted FOI a week ago. And I can submit JR only after 23 months, correct?
You can threaten with going JR way once it's close to 23 months, till then only answer you will get is "your application is still being processed". After 23rd month you can send a letter via solicitor to ISD stating that you will go to JR way. Till then there is nothing much you can do apart from waiting.

Irishboy
Ireland

Post by Irishboy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:54 am

Thank you guys for yr advise I have been to a solicitor in September my solicitor has already ask for a decision on my application. Solicitor also explained all my dealings to dept how I did vetting twice still no approval. Ever since September it's been complete silence.

iainke2
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by iainke2 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:50 pm

Dear fellow applicants (crusaders),

I have a somewhat complicated and confusing situation. For clarity, my timelines at the moment are:

Application Based On: 5 year NON-EU Stamp 1 + 4
Applied On: 20 October 2021
Application received On: 21 October 2021
Acknowledgement : 07 June 2022
E-Vetting Invitation received: Pending
E-Vetting Link sent by email: Pending
E-Vetting Completed: Pending
E-Vetting Disclosure viewed: Pending
Approval letter received: Pending
Fee, photo, documents submitted: Pending
Invitation Letter Received: Pending

When I submitted my application, my stamps were in two different passports. Three of my stamps, both stamp 1s and one stamp 4 are in an expired passport. My most recent stamp 4 is in my current passport. Given my planned travel for Dec 2021, vague understanding that it was taking the Department months to return passports, with insights from these threads and from other fora, and the support of my solicitor, I submitted my application with the expired passport and only a certified copy of my current passport (not the current passport itself). As part of the evidence I submitted (~500 pages printed), I included standard copies of all passports in their entirety including the current one, and two expired passports, the one containing the stamps for reckonable residence, and an even older expired one that includes my student visa from when I was a visiting student at UCC. I'm glad I made a copy of the more recent expired passport. And here begins our tale.

I waited until January 2022 about 2.5 months after submitting my application before I first wrote an email to the Department asking about the whereabouts of my passport (and some official confirmation of receipt of my application). After another email from me, I was finally informed on 01 March that my application was received and that I would receive my passports in due corse. The cycle continues, for 7 more rounds of emails from me over the course of 5 months, with one sent on 07 Sept 2022 very clearly and directly asking: 1) if they have evidence the passport was received with the application; 2) if so, do they have evidence it was sent back to me; and, 3) if they sent it back a request to provide the docket/registered post number. On 07 September their response was, "Thank you for your email. Your file has been checked and the cover letter mentions your expired passport but there is no evidence of the passport being received with the application. A certified copy of your current passport and full copies of both previous passports were received."

Incensed is probably the best and most polite word to describe my state of mind at the time. 10.5 MONTHS to tell me, "we never had it," and after some vague references to them having received all they need in previous emails. Since then I have done all that I can to eliminate any doubt that the passport in question was submitted in the package. This includes contacting my embassy to confirm no one reported finding the passport, contacting An Post in three different ways, contacting my solicitor to just be sure I didn't leave the passport there, and turning over my house 4 times. Having prepared and shared evidence of the same with the Department, my most recent email to the Department was also rather direct: "is the passport required for processing of my application?" It's been over two weeks and no response.

I'm trying to be brief, but as many of you will no doubt appreciate, this quest is not easily paraphrased. And, I appreciate that many of you have had similar frustrations for different situations. It's clear the process is at best difficult to predict, and very lengthy for most. I may just be venting. Though, having read through this thread carefully along with others, I would ask the following questions:
1) Does anyone have a sense of the need for the passport, if they have a standard copy, and they can validate in their fancy computers the stamps, when they were issued, etc.?
2) I've seen reference to people submitting for FOI. I'm not sure I'm ready to go that route just yet, but am grateful to those that have for sharing their experiences. I'm beyond a year since my application submission date. Why was there advice to wait this long, or is it from the date of the official receipt letter, in my case in June 2022?
3) I've seen someone mentioning "JR" as a next step, and I can't imagine what that is. Could someone please give me the full words for that acronym?
4) I am open to any other feedback, suggestions, or commiserations.

Thanks for your time, and comeraderie.

Irishboy
Ireland

Post by Irishboy » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:33 pm

JR stands for Judicial your solicitor might send the dept a warning letter making the officer know that they might be going to court for litigation.

Irishboy
Ireland

Post by Irishboy » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:05 pm

Irishboy wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:33 pm
JR stands for Judicial Review your solicitor might send the dept a warning letter making the officer know that they might be going to court for litigation.

XiMi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by XiMi » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:48 pm

JR= Judicial Review.
in my opinion An Post Receipt when submitted the application also records the weight of the package and this way the weight of the documents and passport can determine if the passport was submitted with the application.
You can get records of your stamps by writing simple email to INIS which they are responding with your records within few days.
iainke2 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:50 pm
Dear fellow applicants (crusaders),

I have a somewhat complicated and confusing situation. For clarity, my timelines at the moment are:

Application Based On: 5 year NON-EU Stamp 1 + 4
Applied On: 20 October 2021
Application received On: 21 October 2021
Acknowledgement : 07 June 2022
E-Vetting Invitation received: Pending
E-Vetting Link sent by email: Pending
E-Vetting Completed: Pending
E-Vetting Disclosure viewed: Pending
Approval letter received: Pending
Fee, photo, documents submitted: Pending
Invitation Letter Received: Pending

When I submitted my application, my stamps were in two different passports. Three of my stamps, both stamp 1s and one stamp 4 are in an expired passport. My most recent stamp 4 is in my current passport. Given my planned travel for Dec 2021, vague understanding that it was taking the Department months to return passports, with insights from these threads and from other fora, and the support of my solicitor, I submitted my application with the expired passport and only a certified copy of my current passport (not the current passport itself). As part of the evidence I submitted (~500 pages printed), I included standard copies of all passports in their entirety including the current one, and two expired passports, the one containing the stamps for reckonable residence, and an even older expired one that includes my student visa from when I was a visiting student at UCC. I'm glad I made a copy of the more recent expired passport. And here begins our tale.

I waited until January 2022 about 2.5 months after submitting my application before I first wrote an email to the Department asking about the whereabouts of my passport (and some official confirmation of receipt of my application). After another email from me, I was finally informed on 01 March that my application was received and that I would receive my passports in due corse. The cycle continues, for 7 more rounds of emails from me over the course of 5 months, with one sent on 07 Sept 2022 very clearly and directly asking: 1) if they have evidence the passport was received with the application; 2) if so, do they have evidence it was sent back to me; and, 3) if they sent it back a request to provide the docket/registered post number. On 07 September their response was, "Thank you for your email. Your file has been checked and the cover letter mentions your expired passport but there is no evidence of the passport being received with the application. A certified copy of your current passport and full copies of both previous passports were received."

Incensed is probably the best and most polite word to describe my state of mind at the time. 10.5 MONTHS to tell me, "we never had it," and after some vague references to them having received all they need in previous emails. Since then I have done all that I can to eliminate any doubt that the passport in question was submitted in the package. This includes contacting my embassy to confirm no one reported finding the passport, contacting An Post in three different ways, contacting my solicitor to just be sure I didn't leave the passport there, and turning over my house 4 times. Having prepared and shared evidence of the same with the Department, my most recent email to the Department was also rather direct: "is the passport required for processing of my application?" It's been over two weeks and no response.

I'm trying to be brief, but as many of you will no doubt appreciate, this quest is not easily paraphrased. And, I appreciate that many of you have had similar frustrations for different situations. It's clear the process is at best difficult to predict, and very lengthy for most. I may just be venting. Though, having read through this thread carefully along with others, I would ask the following questions:
1) Does anyone have a sense of the need for the passport, if they have a standard copy, and they can validate in their fancy computers the stamps, when they were issued, etc.?
2) I've seen reference to people submitting for FOI. I'm not sure I'm ready to go that route just yet, but am grateful to those that have for sharing their experiences. I'm beyond a year since my application submission date. Why was there advice to wait this long, or is it from the date of the official receipt letter, in my case in June 2022?
3) I've seen someone mentioning "JR" as a next step, and I can't imagine what that is. Could someone please give me the full words for that acronym?
4) I am open to any other feedback, suggestions, or commiserations.

Thanks for your time, and comeraderie.

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:31 am

noncena wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:19 am
Application Based On: 5-year Non-EU Stamp 4
Applied Date: 2022-04-01 - posted
Application received Date: 2022-04-05
Acknowledgement Date: 2022-06-23
E-Vetting request Received: 2022-09-10
E-Vetting form completed and sent: 2022-09-11
E-Vetting process completed: 2022-09-26
Approval letter received: 2022-11-03
Fees paid: 2022-11-08
Fees processed email: 2022-11-16
Date of Ceremony: 2022-12-05
Saw this in the 2022 timelines. unbelievable. I applied back in June 2021 and my eVetting everything was completed in October 2022. still, no approval and they are fastracking applications from 2022. Ridiculous process :cry: I feel some of us who applied in 2020/2021 are the unluckiest :cry:

Does anyone know when will be the next ceremony? around what time of the year?

Mycalmo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mycalmo » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Most likely in June again .

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:39 pm

Someone said March is a possibility, if they have a lot of applications lined up and ready by then. We'll see.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alan1973
Ireland

Post by alan1973 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:32 pm

Irishboy wrote:
Guys do ye think there would be more approval before the next ceremony in December 😃 I got my second vetting viewed in February this year. I was expecting large volume of approvals.
Second viewed e-vetting? they do e-vetting twice?
I did mine on 11/22 and viewed after couple of days, nothing received since then.
Applied on 11/21, so just around 1 year.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:54 pm

alan1973 wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:32 pm
Irishboy wrote:
Second viewed e-vetting? they do e-vetting twice?
I did mine on 11/22 and viewed after couple of days, nothing received since then.
Applied on 11/21, so just around 1 year.
If there is too long time after your eVetting then they might ask for it again.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:25 am

Anyone received any e vetting invitation post December ceremony. Application made in December 2021 and still awaiting e vetting. I have just received application number since I applied

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:01 pm

Prashantckc wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:25 am
Anyone received any e vetting invitation post December ceremony. Application made in December 2021 and still awaiting e vetting. I have just received application number since I applied
I know many people who applied in July, August, September and haven't received their evetting requests yet (including me) so I think they will start requesting them soon.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:39 pm

FYI - my FOI completed - they told my application continue processes

Applied July 2021, nonEU Stamp4, 5 years

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:40 pm

RCCar wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:39 pm

So does your FOI shows any progress? As in what did they check/added to your folder? Did you do eVetting already?

I applied in November 2021 and did eVetting with no updates as it's quite normal considering the ceremony is just completed and things will be slow in December.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:08 pm

No progress, I had no e-vetting

iainke2
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by iainke2 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:31 pm

RCCar wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:39 pm

Did the FOI report include an inventory of what was received when your application was first opened?

I applied in late October 2021, they lost my (expired) passport, and I'm getting impatient like the rest of us. I read a post about an FOI request on another thread, but the thread is closed. Just curious about what the report shows, as I'm strongly considering it.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:11 pm

Did the FOI report include an inventory of what was received when your application was first opened?

I applied in late October 2021, they lost my (expired) passport, and I'm getting impatient like the rest of us. I read a post about an FOI request on another thread, but the thread is closed. Just curious about what the report shows, as I'm strongly considering it.
No, not includes

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:47 pm

professor_007 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:31 am
noncena wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:19 am
Application Based On: 5-year Non-EU Stamp 4
Applied Date: 2022-04-01 - posted
Application received Date: 2022-04-05
Acknowledgement Date: 2022-06-23
E-Vetting request Received: 2022-09-10
E-Vetting form completed and sent: 2022-09-11
E-Vetting process completed: 2022-09-26
Approval letter received: 2022-11-03
Fees paid: 2022-11-08
Fees processed email: 2022-11-16
Date of Ceremony: 2022-12-05
Saw this in the 2022 timelines. unbelievable. I applied back in June 2021 and my eVetting everything was completed in October 2022. still, no approval and they are fastracking applications from 2022. Ridiculous process :cry: I feel some of us who applied in 2020/2021 are the unluckiest :cry:

Does anyone know when will be the next ceremony? around what time of the year?
I finally received a letter to pay €950. it looks like they're back on track

alan1973
Ireland

Post by alan1973 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:20 pm

update:
documents sent on 11/21
e-vetting received two months ago
approval letter received today 19/12/2022.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:39 am

Congratulations.

Applied in 12/21 as of now just application number received. Nothing else , fingers crossed

StarKing
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by StarKing » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:01 am

Prashantckc wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:39 am
Congratulations.

Applied in 12/21 as of now just application number received. Nothing else , fingers crossed
Hi, I think your time only starts counting from the acknowledgment date, not when you send the documents. In any case, best of luck.

alan1973
Ireland

Post by alan1973 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:32 am

Prashantckc wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:39 am
Congratulations.

Best luck
hope you get approved soon.