ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa refused for my brother in law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Visit visa refused for my brother in law

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:40 am

I am British citizen and so is my wife. My brother in law wanted to visit to UK during Christmas time from Pakistan. He applied for the visit visa to visit us and sight seeing and it was refused

His case - he is a self employed - own business - showing a guaranteed income of 100,00 PKR monthly deposited. He got a saving of 10Lac PKR rs in his account 6th months before - He did not provide the proof of that saving - but I believe he only needed to provide 3 months bank statement. which he did with all earning proofs, fbr annual income evidences and bank statements. The refusal details is as below.
And it is mentioned not to review or adminstral view, but I heard, I can still go for PAP review?
Please if expert can guide us how to proceed? Many thanks

Refusal deail The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 to V4.6 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors
because:

 You state that you intend to travel to the UK for 19 days to visit your sister, brother-inlaw and their family. While I recognise that family visits are important and I note the
sponsorship letter, I must consider the information regarding your sponsor’s support
of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or
not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the
requirements of the Immigration Rules, I must assess your own personal and
financial circumstances.

 You state that you are self-employed with an annual income of 1,200,000 PKR
(£4,351.55). In support of your application, you have submitted receipts on company
headed paper and an FBR document. I also note that you have also provided a bank
statement in your name from Meezan bank (account number ending 4275) with a
closing balance of 979,424.78 PKR (£3,551.68). Whilst I am satisfied that the
majority of the credits seen on this account are commensurate with your declared
income, you state that the cost of your trip will be £3,000 and that no one else will be
paying toward this cost. You have also stated that you spend 40,000 PKR (£145.05)
each month on expenses. This leaves 60,000 PKR (£217.58) left over each month
after deducting your expenses from your stated income. Given that this represents
more than 13 times your monthly income after deduction of your stated living costs. I
do not find it credible that you would spend this level of funds on a short trip to the
UK and that your expected costs are in line with your stated income and finances,
particularly when you have declared that your family will remain behind in your
country of residence. I also note that the amount that you intend to spend on your trip
to the UK is over 84% of your entire demonstrated held funds. Given the above, I am
not satisfied that you have accurately demonstrated your financial circumstances as
declared and this undermines the overall credibility of your application.
 I am not satisfied that you have given an accurate account of your circumstances. I
am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor and that
you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore
refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c)

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visit visa refused for my brother in law

Post by Ticktack » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:56 am

jimmymcad wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:40 am
I am British citizen and so is my wife. My brother in law wanted to visit to UK during Christmas time from Pakistan. He applied for the visit visa to visit us and sight seeing and it was refused

His case - he is a self employed - own business - showing a guaranteed income of 100,00 PKR monthly deposited. He got a saving of 10Lac PKR rs in his account 6th months before - He did not provide the proof of that saving - but I believe he only needed to provide 3 months bank statement. which he did with all earning proofs, fbr annual income evidences and bank statements. The refusal details is as below.
And it is mentioned not to review or adminstral view, but I heard, I can still go for PAP review?
Please if expert can guide us how to proceed? Many thanks

Refusal deail The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 to V4.6 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors
because:

 You state that you intend to travel to the UK for 19 days to visit your sister, brother-inlaw and their family. While I recognise that family visits are important and I note the
sponsorship letter, I must consider the information regarding your sponsor’s support
of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or
not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the
requirements of the Immigration Rules, I must assess your own personal and
financial circumstances.

 You state that you are self-employed with an annual income of 1,200,000 PKR
(£4,351.55). In support of your application, you have submitted receipts on company
headed paper and an FBR document. I also note that you have also provided a bank
statement in your name from Meezan bank (account number ending 4275) with a
closing balance of 979,424.78 PKR (£3,551.68). Whilst I am satisfied that the
majority of the credits seen on this account are commensurate with your declared
income, you state that the cost of your trip will be £3,000 and that no one else will be
paying toward this cost. You have also stated that you spend 40,000 PKR (£145.05)
each month on expenses. This leaves 60,000 PKR (£217.58) left over each month
after deducting your expenses from your stated income. Given that this represents
more than 13 times your monthly income after deduction of your stated living costs. I
do not find it credible that you would spend this level of funds on a short trip to the
UK and that your expected costs are in line with your stated income and finances,
particularly when you have declared that your family will remain behind in your
country of residence. I also note that the amount that you intend to spend on your trip
to the UK is over 84% of your entire demonstrated held funds. Given the above, I am
not satisfied that you have accurately demonstrated your financial circumstances as
declared and this undermines the overall credibility of your application.
 I am not satisfied that you have given an accurate account of your circumstances. I
am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor and that
you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore
refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c)
Please, don't shoot the messenger. The refusal is correct.
UK visit visa is a game of numbers, financial numbers. The maths must add up. Your cousin is planning to spend 9-10 months wages on a 19 day trip. Yes he can afford it. Yes he doesn't mind.
But the HO ECO's never see it this way.
In all honesty, I probably would easily have come to the same conclusion myself.

Simply put, your cousin doesn't have enough funds at the moment to want to come to the UK and depart in 3 weeks.

He needs to wait until his circumstances has improved.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:52 pm

Well, he can submit his saving details too - that was a proposed expenditures. What does it mean - how can he improve his financial situation now, That is the only reason, he is coming alone not with the whole family?

Can he apply for review?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:25 pm

jimmymcad wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:52 pm
That is the only reason, he is coming alone not with the whole family?

Can he apply for review?
That's another red flag for the officer assessing the application.

People with family (a partner, children) dependent on them applying for a visitors visa (for leisure purposes) and who declare travelling alone are usually scrutinize more. Sometimes even a real and very convincing reason is not enough.

We don't know what other details he included in his application but it seems there are a number of red flags that a trained caseworker can spot in a minute.

As far as I understand, it is not possible to ask for a review of visitors visa applications. He needs to wait a reasonable amount of time to submit a more convincing and better supported application, I would say a few months.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:23 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:25 pm
jimmymcad wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:52 pm
That is the only reason, he is coming alone not with the whole family?

Can he apply for review?
That's another red flag for the officer assessing the application.

People with family (a partner, children) dependent on them applying for a visitors visa (for leisure purposes) and who declare travelling alone are usually scrutinize more. Sometimes even a real and very convincing reason is not enough.

We don't know what other details he included in his application but it seems there are a number of red flags that a trained caseworker can spot in a minute.

As far as I understand, it is not possible to ask for a review of visitors visa applications. He needs to wait a reasonable amount of time to submit a more convincing and better supported application, I would say a few months.
I disagree with the fact that travelling alone without the family is a red flag. On the contrary, this could show that the individual would be going back after their holidays. As it's hard to abandon ones family. Not like people don't do it, but it's hard.
The major problem here is funds.
If the applicant had enough funds available, and the ECO had made a mistake. You don't have to wait for months to re-apply. Infact, I've seen people apply immediately (next day) addressing the issues and visa was granted.

In this case, based on the facts tabled. Available funds, wages, £3k for 19 days expenses (leaving just a little over £500 left) and a few minor parts of the puzzle.

Hmmm, it's a no brainer.

If it looks like a duck, quack like a duck, 99% of the time, it's a duck.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:21 pm

Yupe, i think they ignored that he has a saving of 10lac pkr which is enough for him to support in UK and the money to fund his family back home.

Yes, and I thought the same that leaving immediate family member shows strong ties to go backhome. Is there any way we can challenge or invesitgate this further?

Many thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:48 pm

jimmymcad wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:21 pm
Yupe, i think they ignored that he has a saving of 10lac pkr which is enough for him to support in UK and the money to fund his family back home.

Yes, and I thought the same that leaving immediate family member shows strong ties to go backhome. Is there any way we can challenge or invesitgate this further?

Many thanks in advance
While you may feel challenging the decision is path to tow (that's if allowed room on visit visa application), addressing the grounds for refusal and drawing attention to evidence that was overlooked could yield result.
Note that it's 6months financial evidence from applicant ( I stand to be corrected). Packing funds into the account to wards showing a favorable balance will be detected, CW mostly gets a nose for it.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:41 am

Fine, can i challenge or review it, even it is mentioned you cant review or challenge it? Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:16 am

jimmymcad wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:41 am
Fine, can i challenge or review it, even it is mentioned you cant review or challenge it? Thanks
If clearly mentioned not open to review, what is the basis for your repeated question?
The forum is for opinions, advise and views, ultimately the decision on how to proceed rests with the applicant or concerned person

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:26 pm

Because there r lawyers saying they can challenge the decision, and they ofcourse need money. And yet there is clearly written you can't review. THAT is the reason why i am asking again and again here to see if someone else had the same experience. And if you dont please let others write, that is what the purpose of forum is. Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:01 am

jimmymcad wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:26 pm
Because there r lawyers saying they can challenge the decision, and they ofcourse need money. And yet there is clearly written you can't review. THAT is the reason why i am asking again and again here to see if someone else had the same experience. And if you dont please let others write, that is what the purpose of forum is. Thanks
What part of the verdict do you disagree with? Also for us to understand, if you're quoting money, please tabulate the equivalent in pounds (£).