ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No physical BRP (renewal) for ID check app?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anthony86

No physical BRP (renewal) for ID check app?

Post by Anthony86 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:03 pm

After a long wait I finally received my approval email for PBS dependent (spouse has ILR)- in country application. I used the immigration ID check app for biometrics submission (not physical appointment). The approval mail says I will receive a BRP. Further down it gives me a link to online immigration status check, which has been updated.

I have read in a few places (but cannot seem to find official guidance) that there is no new BRP issued if you used the app (eg
Third party solicitor website removed by moderator.)

In the timeline thread one person who used the app has indicated the same, but others who used the app seem to have received one.

Appreciate any clarification from anyone who used the same as I am expected to fly out in 11 days time.

John3293
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: No physical BRP (renewal) for ID check app?

Post by John3293 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:11 am

I'm also in the same boat. Currently I'm in Bangalore. Will be travelling back on Jan 17.

I wasn't issued with a BRP. Also, since I added my spouse name to my passport, I was issued with a new Indian passport with new validity. Logged into my UKVI account and updated passport details, which was easy.

To make my bank accounts Non Resident, took a screenshot of my 'immigration status' on UK Gov site and the bank employees didn't even know about 'digital immigration status' and rejected my application saying no valid visa attached. Now again I submitted to a different team, explaining everything and awaiting the outcome.

There are concerns.

Also when called the airline, staff said they can't comment on it whether the staff at check in counter can accept it or not.

Anyway, I've taken a download and a print out of my 'immigration status' and generated a share code. Hope this helps.

None of the mods here will reply to your query as they don't know about this. I will update you on this on or after Jan 17.

Wish me luck.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:45 pm

John3293 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:11 am
I'm also in the same boat. Currently I'm in Bangalore. Will be travelling back on Jan 17.

I wasn't issued with a BRP. Also, since I added my spouse name to my passport, I was issued with a new Indian passport with new validity. Logged into my UKVI account and updated passport details, which was easy.

To make my bank accounts Non Resident, took a screenshot of my 'immigration status' on UK Gov site and the bank employees didn't even know about 'digital immigration status' and rejected my application saying no valid visa attached. Now again I submitted to a different team, explaining everything and awaiting the outcome.

There are concerns.

Also when called the airline, staff said they can't comment on it whether the staff at check in counter can accept it or not.

Anyway, I've taken a download and a print out of my 'immigration status' and generated a share code. Hope this helps.

None of the mods here will reply to your query as they don't know about this. I will update you on this on or after Jan 17.

Wish me luck.
A reply and further clarifications or do isay opinions given on another thread. Not until forum members like you share their experience there is not much to go on as its still relatively new and no proper clarity from HO in terms of acceptability for checks by organisations and airlines.
Do well to update after your successful return.

Anthony86

Post by Anthony86 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:39 pm

I would like to confirm (as I mentioned on another thread) that BRPs are still being issued to ‘non-visa’ nationals- those that otherwisd need a visa for a short stay tourist visit. I received mine a couple of days after I posed this question. I gather others who had a decision way before me

I understand BRPs are being phased out and those issued now are dated to expire end 2024, hence the online status app is used for proof of right to work etc. I don’t think it will be a problem to try and enter the country using only the app, but may have trouble boarding the flight to UK. Let us know how it goes

jpIndia
Newly Registered
India

Post by jpIndia » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 pm

Hi,
Did you manage to travel and Digital BRP? Please can you share your experience and any issues that you may have faced. Does the Airline staff or immigration officer in India ask for the BRP? if yes then did you show the right to work/ ShareCode or something else?

I have the same issue and i have to travel to india next month, just a little worried how will i come back.

thanks,

John3293 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:11 am

There are concerns.

Wish me luck.

Oreo96
Newly Registered

Post by Oreo96 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:25 pm

Hi All,
Thought I'd throw some light to this topic, for two reasons:
1. I went through a similar problem in Nov-Dec 2022
2. So that others can benefit from my experience.

I had gone through this post when I was dealing with this issue of not having a BRP but having a digital visa, and had noted that no clear answer had been found till then. Anyway adding some insights to this conversation:

Had applied for the Visa using the app, and received an email from gov.uk, that the application was successful, however it stated that 'you can prove your immigration status online', and stated nothing about a BRP - so the exact same situation as some have mentioned above.

I had raised this with my lawyers in the UK, and was informed that if you are a 'Visa National' (countries like India - since some of the people who have commented above are originally from IN), you WILL be provided a BRP along with your online immigration status check, and a BRP is mandatory to clear Indian emigration (when flying back from IN). If you are NOT provided a BRP, that indicates that Gov.uk has either categorised your visa incorrectly (as a Non Visa National) - OR - they have accidentally sent out the application success email without details about your BRP.

I reached out to some other people on Reddit, and realised that this is a common problem, and a lot of people (Visa Nationals) have faced this in the last 6 months or so.

There is a very high chance (about 99%), that after a week or two weeks of your original VISA success email, you will receive an email from gov.uk - saying that your BRP is out for delivery. This happened with me, and many others who were witnessing the same issue. Note, that the original email said nothing about a BRP, this 'BRP out for delivery email' was completely random and was about 1.5 - 2 weeks down the line.

Therefore my advice would be to wait for atleast 2 weeks. Post that - if the above has not happened, you should write to your local MP, I have added a link below which you can use to find which MP looks after your area. They can then help drive your case with gov.uk of incorrect classification of Visa / non issuance of BRP. I know a few Redditors who took this route as well.

Please check on online if the country you are holding a passport of is a Visa National Country or a Non Visa National Country - the above is only relevant for Visa National Countries, that require a BRP.

Difference Between Visa and Non Visa Nationals (from Google): Visa nationals, unlike non-visa nationals, require entry clearance prior to travel to the UK as a visitor. Non-visa nationals, conversely, do not require entry clearance prior to travel to the UK as a visitor. Visitors from these countries, legally, make applications at the border for permission to enter the UK.

Links to support the above:
Find your Local MP: https://members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP

Aniket I
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Aniket I » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:22 am

was someone able to successfully re\enter the UK without the physical brp by using just the online status? It would be great to know how you navigated.

I recently changed my job and did the new process by scanning my old BRP using immigration ID check app. My wife followed the sam process for her Dependant visa. She received her BRP within a week but it's been 17 days and I haven't heard anything back.

I have a travel plan coming up in a week and would really like to know any case where some one has travelled using the online status instead of a physical BRP