ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settled status for in-laws under a family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Davidk12
Newly Registered

Pre-settled status for in-laws under a family member

Post by Davidk12 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:08 pm

Hi,
I have settled status in the UK and have a Greek Passport. My wife has a Pakistani passport and a pre-settled UK visa. I applied for my in-laws, and they received a EUSS visa. They arrived in the UK a month, and I was trying to apply for a pre-settled visa. However, the category I have to choose from does not seem to apply to me.

It says:
“Has your family member applied to the EU Settlement Scheme?
The options it gives are Spouse or civil partner, Unmarried partners, parent or guardian, Grandparent, great-grandparent, Child, Grandchild and Great Grandchild.

My question is what they should choose, I am not following in any of those categories.

The 2nd question is, do I have to send passports and all documents by post, or is there any way they can do the checks at the post office?

Thanks

Davidk12
Newly Registered

Re: Pre-settled status for in-laws under a family member

Post by Davidk12 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:28 am

Any expert on this topic? thanks

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:08 pm

I have come across this few times for my own family and also helping some friends.
Always selected parent and there was no issue at all .
Pre settled status were granted.
HO knows it don't worry. Just make sure you upload sponsor passport and marriage certificate including your wife's birth certificate.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:10 pm

For your second question ,
No you don't send anything in post despite it saying online that you need to.
Applicants passport will be scanned at biometric appointment

Davidk12
Newly Registered

Post by Davidk12 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:24 pm

New on forum wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:08 pm
I have come across this few times for my own family and also helping some friends.
Always selected parent and there was no issue at all .
Pre settled status were granted.
HO knows it don't worry. Just make sure you upload sponsor passport and marriage certificate including your wife's birth certificate.
Thanks for your message. Ok. I thought the child was the closest option to providing my details. Because I could be consider their child as son in law. thanks