ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

paragraph 281 (i)(a)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnny

paragraph 281 (i)(a)

Post by johnny » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:00 pm

could someone help pls
where can i find more information about paragraph 281(i)(a)

this is my story briefly
they refused my visa because the ECO thought the certficate of my annulment is not the final one therefore my current marriage is not valid and he quoted paragraph281(i)(a)

thanks for your help in advance

johnny

Post by johnny » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm

I managed to find it in their website phewwwwwwwwwww
Spouses or civil partners of persons present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement
Requirements for leave to enter the United Kingdom with a view to settlement as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement
281. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom with a view to settlement as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement are that:

(i) (a) the applicant is married to or the civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; or

this is really stupid i did submit my annulment certficate which has big crown court stamp

they are just stupid those ECO s or may be blind

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:27 am

They do not really understand annulment certificates. They are pretty rare so as far as the ECO is concerned you are not divorced because you have not submitted divorce papers..... Ask for a review by the ECM and enclose a letter pointing to the annulment paperwork and if possible any leaflets from the court system that explain the annulment process.

johnny

Post by johnny » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:49 am

thanks mate for your comment
i did include with my letter to the ECM
a letter from the court explaining the annullment
a letter from solicitor explaining the annullment
a new certficate with a even bigger court stamp with judge signature

hope they read them and overturn their decision , if not i am positive i will win in the court of appeal , it s just the waiting which is really devastrating specially for my wife who sank into depression because of an ECO lack of training:(