ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - Swiss, but entry through France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ska_abbas

Schengen Visa - Swiss, but entry through France

Post by ska_abbas » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:39 pm

Hi

I am planning to apply tourist visa for Switzerland, however, I am planning to take my car and will enter EU through France. Since most of my stay would be in Switzerland, therefore, I am planning to apply in their embassy, but can I enter France?

I heard that one should enter the country from where they got the Schengen visa?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen Visa - Swiss, but entry through France

Post by meself2 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:56 pm

ska_abbas wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:39 pm
I heard that one should enter the country from where they got the Schengen visa?
Not necessarily, there's no legal requirement to do that. You can enter through France.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:02 pm

ska_abbas wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:39 pm
Hi

I am planning to apply tourist visa for Switzerland, however, I am planning to take my car and will enter EU through France. Since most of my stay would be in Switzerland, therefore, I am planning to apply in their embassy, but can I enter France? Yes, the requirement (for Schengen visa) is to apply from the country where you would be spending most of the holidays. You can enter from anywhere. Be prepared to show your itinerary.

Thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:31 pm

Thank you both for your reply.