ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is NHS Study Grant a recourse to public funds for Skilled Worker Visa (Health and Care Worker Visa)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MyGodisable

Is NHS Study Grant a recourse to public funds for Skilled Worker Visa (Health and Care Worker Visa)

Post by MyGodisable » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:02 pm

Dear amicable readers,

Please i just want to confirm if the study grants given to all NHS workers including Nurses that are working in the NHS are a public funds for NHS worker on Skilled Worker Visa (Health and Care Worker Visa) and if given can be considered by the Homed Office as a UK public funds.

Please all your input will be surely appreciated.

Thank you all!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Is NHS Study Grant a recourse to public funds for Skilled Worker Visa (Health and Care Worker Visa)

Post by Ticktack » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:19 pm

MyGodisable wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:02 pm
Dear amicable readers,

Please i just want to confirm if the study grants given to all NHS workers including Nurses that are working in the NHS are a public funds for NHS worker on Skilled Worker Visa (Health and Care Worker Visa) and if given can be considered by the Homed Office as a UK public funds.

Please all your input will be surely appreciated.

Thank you all!
What matters is what it says on your BRP card. Your status would have been clearly defined.

If you have "No recourse to public funds". Then you need look no further.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

MyGodisable

Re: Is NHS Study Grant a recourse to public funds for Skilled Worker Visa (Health and Care Worker Visa)

Post by MyGodisable » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:06 pm

Sorry, what I needed is explanation and not paraphrase of word that you are sending to me.

Yes my BRP say no recourse to public funds but on checking Home Office list of public funds, NHS educational grants given by Health Education England (hee) to the NHS is not listed on it. I am just asking for clarification that if I receive this grant the Home Office will term it as public fund. That’s all and not the way you reply to me! Please noble audience I will need any one input that knows more about this. Thank you!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:03 am

‘Public funds’ are defined as a specific list of welfare benefits and support. This list does not include education or any education funding. However, eligibility for funding may be restricted due to immigration status/time spent in the UK. Contact - https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Contact-us
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ASIKO2
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by ASIKO2 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:38 pm

Hi MyGodisable,

I am in the same situation as yours. Mine is a little bit different. Mine is the fund from the Chief Nursing Officer for CPD. I am not sure if this a public fund.

From my understanding, if you do not qualify for student loan because you do not have ILR, then you will will not qualify for this grant. I might be wrong though. Please post here if you have got any solution.