ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Please: Extending PBS dependant just for 2 years instead of 3 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Urgent Help Please: Extending PBS dependant just for 2 years instead of 3 years

Post by sathish.kannan » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:37 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Sathish Kannan. I am already holding ILR visa, and now applied PBS extension for my family. My family have already completed 4 years of continuous stay in the UK with a Tier-2 dependency visa. They still need just one more year of dependency visa to be eligible for applying ILR. I wanted to extend the visa for one more additional year for the safer side. So overall I actually wanted to extend my family's dependency visa only for two more years. But when I filled up their application I couldn't find any option to apply just for two years, so I thought to pay only for two years of IHS. But now I got mail from Home Office that I have applied for 3 years visa but paid IHS only for 2 years, and asked to pay it before give date or they will make decisions based on the information they have already. I am not sure what to do now, I tried to mail them back but no response. Should I pay for the remaining one year of IHS (which is £1000+) or should I leave it thinking they will give me two year visa for which I have paid. If they decide to reject the application, then the application fee is totally wasted. I need some quick advice please.

Thanks,

Kind regards
Sathish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent Help Please: Extending PBS dependant just for 2 years instead of 3 years

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:57 pm

It is a 3 year extension as stated in the immigration rules. You cannot apply for less and ukvi caseworkers do NOT have any discretion to approve a visa for less than 3 years.

You must pay the IHS ahortfall or risk having the application refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help Please: Extending PBS dependant just for 2 years instead of 3 years

Post by sathish.kannan » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:24 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I'll do it immediately. Thank you 🙏