ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:12 pm

Heybabyy wrote:Not sure if you can temporarily show that you moved to nearby county. May be rent a room at any of your friend's house in Wicklow/Kildare/Meath/Louth. The only thing is that the letter of naturalisation would come at this temporary address so it would be good if this place is reliable. Once you have this letter then move back to Dublin (only on papers). :lol: And apply for red book.
I don't think u need to go to that extrem, once u have it u have it

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:03 am

Depends where you live - it is not an issue for people living in other counties.

For Dubliners it may take further 6 months to get an appointment, oath, getting cert of naturalisation, applying for red book and finally getting it. This is after waiting for over 3 years ( 3.4 for some cases)

Doing extreme can cut it down to 2 months. What can one do if District court doesn't give an appointment and request to DoJ falls on deaf ears.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:26 am

Did anyone try to call the courts where is 4 hours drive or so ?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:35 am

Heybabyy wrote:Depends where you live - it is not an issue for people living in other counties.

For Dubliners it may take further 6 months to get an appointment, oath, getting cert of naturalisation, applying for red book and finally getting it. This is after waiting for over 3 years ( 3.4 for some cases)

Doing extreme can cut it down to 2 months. What can one do if District court doesn't give an appointment and request to DoJ falls on deaf ears.
Heybaby, you were right after waiting for 3 year +/- 3 months and add another 6 months and 2 months until you are properly finish is very long time. We can say it is 4 years. Specially for people who still in work permit. This restrict their movement for employment opportunity.

However, falsing address is another thing altogether. !!!

Strongbow has written to DoJ that there is delay in court around Dublin

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:57 am

Darkhorse,
I suggest that you write to them as well. I have written to both DoJ and to DUblin district civil office but am not expecting any positive.

I called up Bray and Drogheda district courts but once I told them i live in Dublin they would not give an appointment.

I can give the address of a friend outside Dublin but don't want to do this as if they ask for any proof of residence like utility bill etc for the address outside dublin I won't be able to provide this.

burbero
Newly Registered

Post by burbero » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:06 am

strongbow wrote:Darkhorse,
I suggest that you write to them as well. I have written to both DoJ and to DUblin district civil office but am not expecting any positive.

I called up Bray and Drogheda district courts but once I told them i live in Dublin they would not give an appointment.

I can give the address of a friend outside Dublin but don't want to do this as if they ask for any proof of residence like utility bill etc for the address outside dublin I won't be able to provide this.
That's right , they asked a proof of address when I made an appointment in the court, also they ask to complete the yellow declaration form with the same address in front of them.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 am

Guys, don't forget to mention this to you Td, prefereably someone from labour or Fine Gael. He will definitely raise this issue in the Dail and will also get an answer from the MOJ
good luck to all of you..You shoud move down to Cork..It's much nicer down here anyway :D

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:25 am

ok guys, appreciate your ethics. But there is no rule which says that you can't relocate post application approval OR you can't rent out 2 places at same time.

What I am suggesting is that you can rent out a room/apt in nearby county, get your address changed officially on driving licence etc and then apply for appointment. You can also declare the new address. This option would take -
1-2 days for finding room, 3-4 days for driving license and 5-10 days for appointment. Cost upto 1K.

Or you can spend months chasing and sorting out with DoJ, District court and local TD's. Best of luck.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:48 am

strongbow wrote:Darkhorse,

I think u should try to call Kerry, Donegal etc..... u have better chances.

hussie
Newly Registered

Courts & Districts

Post by hussie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Heybabyy wrote:ok guys, appreciate your ethics. But there is no rule which says that you can't relocate post application approval OR you can't rent out 2 places at same time.

What I am suggesting is that you can rent out a room/apt in nearby county, get your address changed officially on driving licence etc and then apply for appointment. You can also declare the new address. This option would take -
1-2 days for finding room, 3-4 days for driving license and 5-10 days for appointment. Cost upto 1K.

Or you can spend months chasing and sorting out with DoJ, District court and local TD's. Best of luck.
Hi Guys, I was wondering how to get the court info about jurisdictions etc. and found this:

http://www.courts.ie/offices.nsf/WebCOB ... Expand=4#4

Heybaby, I must agree. I really don't mind spending money legally to get this fastracked somehow. Just wonder how they ask for proof of address. Will be a pity if you went through everything just to find out they want ESB, Gas, NTL & extravision :-) bill.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:06 am

Small update on the situation regarding courts. Just received a letter from DoJ stating that they are aware of the backlog in Dublin court and they have arranged 2 special sittings of the court in December just to deal with the declaration of citizenship. I hope to get my declaration done during these sittings.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:48 am

Oh that's great gesture by DoJ. I take my suggestion back of moving to diff county. I wonder if it is a good idea to write to DoJ(Tiperrary) a sort of appreciation letter acknowledging that they are doing a good job by speeding up the naturalisation application and also for arranging extra sitting in court. I mean just to keep them motivated (and improve further).

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:47 am

Heybabyy wrote:Oh that's great gesture by DoJ. I take my suggestion back of moving to diff county. I wonder if it is a good idea to write to DoJ(Tiperrary) a sort of appreciation letter acknowledging that they are doing a good job by speeding up the naturalisation application and also for arranging extra sitting in court. I mean just to keep them motivated (and improve further).
€950 per applicant is plenty of motivation IMO :-)

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:32 am

I applied in Aug-2006
received letter in Sep-2006 that my application is in queue
asked for documents in Oct-2008 (p21, 3 months salary slip & bank statments)
no news since then.

Is there anyone who has same time line and got his application approved or has more info?

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm

ib_dublin wrote:I applied in Aug-2006
no news since then.

Is there anyone who has same time line and got his application approved or has more info?
hi ib_dublin,

Same above. No news since then... but as far as I can see from the postings here, it takes another 4-6 months to get the approval after sending the extra documents. so let's keep in touch and update the board here. regards, AI.

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:15 pm

another_immigrant wrote:
ib_dublin wrote:I applied in Aug-2006
no news since then.

hi ib_dublin,

Same above. No news since then... but as far as I can see from the postings here, it takes another 4-6 months to get the approval after sending the extra documents. so let's keep in touch and update the board here. regards, AI.
Folks

Applied July06. Asked for documents end of Oct 08. Sent them second week Nov 08. Recieved acknoledgement of documents after 2 days

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Applied Sep 2006
Got both LTR and Naturalisation Nov 2008

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Guess-Any-Name wrote:Applied Sep 2006
Thanks for the update.
This leaves no doubt that LTR application would have an effect on Naturalsiation application.

Too late for me now anyway, applied May 06 and didn't need LTR (hadlong term stamp 4 on the basis of marriage to Irish national), got update request early October and nothing else since.

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:16 pm

ashimashi wrote:
Thanks for the update.
This leaves no doubt that LTR application would have an effect on Naturalsiation application.

Too late for me now anyway, applied May 06 and didn't need LTR (hadlong term stamp 4 on the basis of marriage to Irish national), got update request early October and nothing else since.
In fact our applications for naturalisation got picked up before the LTR - got all sorts of queries on naturalisation - LTR just arrived suddenly without any notice whatsoever ;)

Quite relieved now to be frank!

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:58 pm

One thing worth noticing - The July 06 applications are being processed message has not changed since one month now. Earlier it was changing every 2 weeks.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:51 pm

that is funny, why would u need LTR if u have citzenship :)

Did u apply based on 5 years staying in Ireland ?

Are you married to Irish National or Eu ?

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:49 pm

opengl wrote:One thing worth noticing - The July 06 applications are being processed message has not changed since one month now. Earlier it was changing every 2 weeks.
Hi opengl,

here are my records so far, as you can see it's quite variable... :(
but i expect to see an update on the website this week for Aug 2006.

5 mar 2008 - 22 apr 2008 : aug 05 - 28 days
23 apr 2008 - 06 Jun 2008 : Sep 06 - 44 days
07 Jun 2008 - 25 aug 2008 : Jan 06 - 78 days
25 aug 2008 - 23 sep 2008 : Feb/Mar 06 - 28 days (2 mon.s processed)
24 sep 2008 - 30 Sep 2008 : apr 06 - 6 days
01 Oct 2008 - 24 Oct 2008 : may 06 - 23 days
25 Oct 2008 - 06 Nov 2008 : jun 06 - 12 days
06 Nov 2008 - : july 06 - 25 days up to present

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:38 pm

They have also sent out letters to Aug 06. This means that next change would say "Processing Sept 06"

My anticipation is that in Dec they may slow down the processing. This is due to ample christmas parties, less working days in Dec and fewer staff available to work. They may put processing of new lot on hold till end of this year. I mean to say that they would continue working on processing applications (verfications etc) recd till Aug06 but take up new lot i.e. of Sept 06 only from new year i.e. Jan 09.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:04 pm

INIS have just updated their website. They're not mentioning the month they're processing now. But it looks like they're trying to explain their logic????

There are currently 15,600 applications for naturalisation with the Citizenship Division of the Department that are still awaiting a decision. The number of applications which were made more than 18 months ago is 6,400 and of these 30% (1,900) are on hold awaiting a response from the applicant and 44% (2,800) are awaiting a response from other statutory bodies as part of the normal applications checking process.

The average time from application to decision is now at 23 months. The Citizenship Division is currently commencing further processing of applications received in mid 2007. A significant number of applications are initially found to be invalid for a variety of reasons and these are now being dealt with and returned to the applicant within a week. More complicated cases can at times take more than the current average while an element of straight forward cases are now being dealt with in less than that time scale.

There is a limit to the reduction in the processing time that can be achieved as applications for naturalisation must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is only given to persons who genuinely satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria.

The Citizenship telephone helpdesk will not be available on the following dates during the Christmas period;

Thursday 25 December 2008.
Tuesday 30 December 2008.
Thursday 1 January 2009.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:37 pm

This explains a lot of things..
At least they're now admitting that they're not processing the applications chronlogically. Mid 2007 sounds very good (I'm assuming of course that the information is true :lol: )