ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can additional docs sent after application submission

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dingdon

Can additional docs sent after application submission

Post by dingdon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:45 am

Hi,
i have submited my tier 1 general application today.
i realised that there is a problem with the bank statements i have sent.
the statements are printed on the official letter head of the bank at the branch, my address is overlaping on the bank name and logo.will this cause a problem?
is it possible to send the statements again to home office while application is under processing.
please suggest.
thanks in advance
- Dingdon

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:01 am

i have submited my application in UK. can any one suggest how to send the statements again to home office.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:56 am

dingdon wrote:i have submited my application in UK. can any one suggest how to send the statements again to home office.
you can send again but the issue you wrote as to why doesn't seem to be one to be concerned about

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:48 am

republique wrote:
dingdon wrote:i have submited my application in UK. can any one suggest how to send the statements again to home office.
you can send again but the issue you wrote as to why doesn't seem to be one to be concerned about
thanks for you reply.
as per the visa guide lines below.
my name and the financial institution's name and logo are not clearly visible on the statements(because of print overlap with each other).could you please suggest where i need to send the corrected bank statments?
thanks in advance
dingdon

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the three-month period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and
that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:45 pm

appriciate if any one can comment on this

balu1983

hi

Post by balu1983 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:51 am

For your information,

I had bank statements with my account number overlapped with Citibank logo. I was afraid and frustrated and also argued with citibank manager for this. Atlast i realized that its not only me which i get this kind of statements but everyone else who have accounts in citibank gets this kind of statements.

So, it should be okay, until unless the bank statements are on official paper with logo and authenticated seal and signatory from bank officials.

And, to your surprise, i got my visa.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:59 am

balu thanks very much for your kind information.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:14 pm

HI,
Could any senior members comment on this.
iam in a dilema whether to send the reprinted bank statements to UKBA.
previously sent bank statements has been printed at the banks branch on bank official letter head and bank name logo is not clearly visible due to print overlap of my name and address.

Application Posted ( Royal Mail Spl delivary) - 24th NOv 2008
Reached the UKBA Payment services - 25th Nov 2008
got acknowledgement letter dated 25th Nov 2008 on 27th Nov 2008.

Contact center page at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ctcentres/
says
If your case is being considered and you want to give us additional relevant information that may help us to decide your case then please write in with that information and your immigration reference number to the address below.

acknowlegement letter says
Please do not send any additional documents to us unless requested to do so by a caseworker.

appreciate if any one can throw some light on this

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 pm

i called up the immigration enquiry bureau(IEB) - 08706067766 and they confirmed that i can send additional documents.

i have sent the bank statements to the below address and waiting for the decision.

UK Border Agency,
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
Surrey CR9 2BY

Vedapon
Newly Registered

UKBA, Surrey

Post by Vedapon » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:54 am

Dingdon and fellow forum friends experienced in UK visa application matters,

This is interesting news. I was informed Tier 1 visa applications are now processed in the UK Home Office.

Hence VFS Malaysia (whom I applied through) informs the visa application is expected to take a MINIMUM 30 working days processing time (or equivalent to 6 weeks) for Tier 1 / formerly HSMP as UK is managing the processing.

Any comments? Thanks.

Dingdon, when you decided to submit the additional documents (end Nov), how far along were you in the processing time?

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:50 pm

So, They DID CONFIRM that you can send additional documents?
But does that CHANGE the date of your application submission or not?

My completed online application states :
"I HEREBY APPLY FOR AN ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM FOR MYSELF AND ANY DEPENDANTS LISTED IN THIS FORM. THE INFORMATION I HAVE GIVEN IS COMPLETE AND IS TRUE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I ALSO DECLARE THAT THE PHOTOGRAPH
SUBMITTED WITH THIS FORM IS/ARE A TRUE LIKENESS OF MYSELF AND ANY DEPENDANTS INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION. I CONFIRM
THAT IF, BEFORE THIS APPLICATION IS DECIDED, THERE IS A MATERIAL CHANGE IN MY CIRCUMSTANCES OR NEW INFORMATION RELEVANT
TO THIS APPLICATION BECOMES AVAILABLE, I WILL INFORM THE UNITED KINGDOM DIPLOMATIC POST AT WHICH I HAVE APPLIED. "

In my case, the "NEW INFORMATION" would be the official bank Statement received by mail 8-10 days after statement closes. On my Submitted Application, I will include the Bank-Printed statement for the last month/cycle, but as an added security, could I just send the mailed statement a few days after I submit my application?

Wondering if it's worth it or confusing...

dingdon

Re: UKBA, Surrey

Post by dingdon » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:43 pm

Vedapon wrote:Dingdon and fellow forum friends experienced in UK visa application matters,

This is interesting news. I was informed Tier 1 visa applications are now processed in the UK Home Office.

Hence VFS Malaysia (whom I applied through) informs the visa application is expected to take a MINIMUM 30 working days processing time (or equivalent to 6 weeks) for Tier 1 / formerly HSMP as UK is managing the processing.

Any comments? Thanks.

Dingdon, when you decided to submit the additional documents (end Nov), how far along were you in the processing time?
Hi Vedapon,
My time lines are below.
24th Nov 08 - Posted Application to UKBA thru royal mail
25th Nov 08 - Applicaton Reached UKBA, Appl fee deducted from my bank acct
27th Nov 08 - Got ack letter with Ref No dated 25th Nov 08
1st Dec 08 - Posted the reprinted Bank Statements to UKBA through royal mail.
by the time i sent the additonal doucment on 1st Dec 08 ukba website shows

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

During the week commencing 1 December 2008, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 22 November 2008

So, They DID CONFIRM that you can send additional documents?
But does that CHANGE the date of your application submission or not?

My completed online application states :
"I HEREBY APPLY FOR AN ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM FOR MYSELF AND ANY DEPENDANTS LISTED IN THIS FORM. THE INFORMATION I HAVE GIVEN IS COMPLETE AND IS TRUE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I ALSO DECLARE THAT THE PHOTOGRAPH
SUBMITTED WITH THIS FORM IS/ARE A TRUE LIKENESS OF MYSELF AND ANY DEPENDANTS INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION. I CONFIRM
THAT IF, BEFORE THIS APPLICATION IS DECIDED, THERE IS A MATERIAL CHANGE IN MY CIRCUMSTANCES OR NEW INFORMATION RELEVANT
TO THIS APPLICATION BECOMES AVAILABLE, I WILL INFORM THE UNITED KINGDOM DIPLOMATIC POST AT WHICH I HAVE APPLIED. "

In my case, the "NEW INFORMATION" would be the official bank Statement received by mail 8-10 days after statement closes. On my Submitted Application, I will include the Bank-Printed statement for the last month/cycle, but as an added security, could I just send the mailed statement a few days after I submit my application?

Wondering if it's worth it or confusing...
Hi NYCStacey,
they have confirmed that i can send additional documents before they decide my application.
i dont think that will change your date of application.
if you feel ur bank statements are not meeting the guide lines,UKBA policy and the new bank statements will help them to take decision then dont hesitate to send them.
write a covering letter clearly stating the reason why u r sending the new documents and send it along.
Best of luck.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:48 pm

thanks dingdon...
I guess it cannot hurt... and I may consider sending it a week or so later...

The other document I will be receiving in January is a W2 Tax Document that I could further use as proof of earnings... however I am already attaching paystubs and bank statements per the guidelines so it should be ok...

Mauricien
Newly Registered

Re: Can additional docs sent after application submission

Post by Mauricien » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:52 pm

dingdon wrote:Hi,
the statements are printed on the official letter head of the bank at the branch, my address is overlaping on the bank name and logo.will this cause a problem?
is it possible to send the statements again to home office while application is under processing.
please suggest.
thanks in advance
- Dingdon
Do you guys have any clue whether the missing documents you intend to send after the application needs to be sent to the Durham office address or any other one?

And what is the process of doing such a thing? Just write a letter quoting your reference number and attach the missing documents or is there any special form you need to fill in?

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:44 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... umstances/

there is a form at the above link, not sure if that is the correct form...

However I got an email from WorldBridge saying that you cannot send any more documents after your application has been lodged...

what does "lodged" exactly mean?

dingdon

Re: Can additional docs sent after application submission

Post by dingdon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:26 pm

Mauricien wrote:
dingdon wrote:Hi,
please suggest.
thanks in advance
- Dingdon
Mauricien
Do you guys have any clue whether the missing documents you intend to send after the application needs to be sent to the Durham office address or any other one?

And what is the process of doing such a thing? Just write a letter quoting your reference number and attach the missing documents or is there any special form you need to fill in?
You need to send this to

UK Border Agency,
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
Surrey CR9 2BY

Please Quote your Name,Nationality,Passport No,UKBA Ackldge Ref No in the covering letter and send it with your additonal documents.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:26 pm

it seems the additional documents which i have sent to home office didnt reach case worker, as i didnt recieve those documents back along with my passport and other original documents that i have submited initially.
luckly my visa got approved without those additional documents.