ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Letter Stating 3-month MINIMUM - Maintenance of Funds ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NYCStacey

Bank Letter Stating 3-month MINIMUM - Maintenance of Funds ?

Post by NYCStacey » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:03 pm

I want to know if any one has been able to get the Maintenance of Funds Letter from the bank, stating that you have had a minimum of XXXX.XX with that period of time, etc. (I'm not talking about getting printed/authenticated statements etc, I'm talking about the Bank Letter with all the requirements stated on the policy guidelines. It seems most banks provide only standard format letters, which state average balances and not minimums etc)

I am preferrably curious about anybody in the USA [United States], and even more specifically, if anybody has had any luck with any New York [City] branch from either Citibank or Chase, or any tips and suggestions on how to get them to do this.

I've already tried a couple times in preparation, but have not been able to. I have to get the proof now for real next week, and I will be visiting at least a couple branches from each bank and test my luck. I'll try to insist and persist, but sometimes they just dont give in.

Has anybody been succesful with this elsewhere nearby? Or at another bank/city?

Thanks!

balu1983

hi

Post by balu1983 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:57 am

HI NYCstacey,

i don't know what happens in NYC citibank, but in india, i got letter from Citibank stating my minimum balance for the last three months.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks for the notice. I've heard..
Unfortunately different policies in US, less lenient or flexible too.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:32 pm

NYCStacey wrote:Thanks for the notice. I've heard..
Unfortunately different policies in US, less lenient or flexible too.
Not really, they can do it. Just like anything else, you just have to find the right person. Frankly why don;t you just provide your statements

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:41 pm

I know.
I just havent found the right person because they want to stick to their pre-formatted forms.
They either have no enough authority or they do and dont want to.

I will provide statements of course. But the letter is Golden.