ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No work except work placement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier 4
- thin ice -

No work except work placement

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:21 pm

Hello,

My nephew got a student visa to study HND Course in one of the college in Scotland. The sticker on his passport says; No work except work placement
His friend applied same visa on same course, but he was given 15 hours work permission.

Just wondering, why is he was not given a permission to work at all? Or is it a mistake done by case worker, if so how it can rectify.

They both applied from Islamabad Pakistan .

Many thanks
N/A

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: No work except work placement

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:12 am

A student's work conditions depend on the level of the course they are doing and on the type of sponsor. The maximum working hours during term time can be 20, 10 or zero. No-one gets 15. Everyone can do assessed work placements. See Appendix Student, paragraph ST 26.1:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student

It appears that both these students may have incorrect work conditions, and probably should both have maximum 10 hours. There will be a way to correct them, but exactly how to do that depends whether the student has travelled to the UK yet. They need to speak to the international student adviser at their college.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:15 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:12 am
A student's work conditions depend on the level of the course they are doing and on the type of sponsor. The maximum working hours during term time can be 20, 10 or zero. No-one gets 15. Everyone can do assessed work placements. See Appendix Student, paragraph ST 26.1:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student

It appears that both these students may have incorrect work conditions, and probably should both have maximum 10 hours. There will be a way to correct them, but exactly how to do that depends whether the student has travelled to the UK yet. They need to speak to the international student adviser at their college.
Many thanks for the reply,

My apologies you are right his friend got 10 hours work allowed, and him zero for the same course n college.

They both have not travelled yet

Besides the college is on probationary category. Wondering is it something to do with the status of the college.

Can i ask what is the best thing to do should he contact embassy etc for the correction of this.

Thanks
N/A

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:51 am

Tier 4 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:15 pm
Besides the college is on probationary category. Wondering is it something to do with the status of the college.

Can i ask what is the best thing to do should he contact embassy etc for the correction of this.
So as per paragraph ST 26.1 the "work placement only" work condition is correct. It is the other student who has incorrect conditions. If he does not request a correction now, the college will notice it when he enrols and help him get it corrected.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:06 am

sah10406 wrote: So as per paragraph ST 26.1 the "work placement only" work condition is correct. It is the other student who has incorrect conditions. If he does not request a correction now, the college will notice it when he enrols and help him get it corrected.
You mean his friend who got 10 hours work allowed, should not have got it at first place?
Thanks
N/A

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:14 am

Tier 4 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:06 am
You mean his friend who got 10 hours work allowed, should not have got it at first place?
It depends. If it's a probationary sponsor, yes. See ST 26.1.