ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updating BRC after settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anter10
Newly Registered

Updating BRC after settled status

Post by Anter10 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:07 pm

Hi all,

I’ve been granted settled status about month ago, my BRC with pre-settled still valid till Nov 2024, do we have to upgrade it before travelling ?

Many thanks,

Anter10
Newly Registered

Re: Updating BRC after settled status

Post by Anter10 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:53 am

Anter10 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:07 pm
Hi all,

I’ve been granted settled status about month ago, my BRC with pre-settled still valid till Nov 2024, do we have to upgrade it before travelling ?

Many thanks,
Has anyone had this experience before?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:18 am

Anter10 wrote:
Hi all,

Many thanks,
You don't have to as long as your BRC is valid. You can, however, chose to update it now if you want a card with the words "Settled Status" on it.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Anter10
Newly Registered

Post by Anter10 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:48 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:18 am
Anter10 wrote:
Hi all,

Many thanks,
You don't have to as long as your BRC is valid. You can, however, chose to update it now if you want a card with the words "Settled Status" on it.

Thank you so much, I want to travel around Feb, don’t want to upgrade it now in case takes time to get a new card, I’ll upgrade it when I get back

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:02 pm

FYI, there's no requirement to surrender your current BRC when you upgrade to a new one. See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Anter10
Newly Registered

Post by Anter10 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:43 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:02 pm
FYI, there's no requirement to surrender your current BRC when you upgrade to a new one. See this post.
I used to have Old BRC issues under EEA then upgrade it to BRC issued under eu settlement when applied for pre-settled status which had date expiring in 2024, then applied for settled status when I had 5 years residency in Uk, so I assume there is no obligation to upgrade it if the current card is still valid

fa86
Newly Registered
India

Post by fa86 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:21 pm

Hi All,

I have settled status since 2020. I received my new card BRC. I have been unable to update my new Brc to my online status. I need to travel out of Uk tomorrow , anyone else has issues with uploading new Brc?

Can I enter UK back with my New BRC, but online status is linked to my old card?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:26 pm

fa86 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:21 pm
I have settled status since 2020. I received my new card BRC.
Given that the new card is issued to show your new status... Well, it already shows your status. No need to link it to anything. Linking only makes sense for documents that were issued outside of the EU Settlement Scheme (EEA cards or passport).

I had a EUSS card, never "linked" it, and used it several times to come in and out of the UK without a problem.