ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Pre-settled status to Settled status as a family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aarontran2506
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Switching from Pre-settled status to Settled status as a family member

Post by aarontran2506 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:36 am

Hello all,

I got married to a Romanian woman on 14/2/2018, my EEA Residence card was issued in May 2018, expiring May 2023.

When the EU Settlement Scheme started, i applied and got Pre-settled status, issued on 24/08/2019, expiring on 24/08/2024.

My question is, can I apply for Settle Status on 14/2/2023??? My 5 years qualifying residence starts counting from the day of our marriage, the Settled Scheme doesn't reset that, right?

Or do I have to wait until 24/08/2024, when the Pre-settled status expires?

secret.simon

Re: Switching from Pre-settled status to Settled status as a family member

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:46 am

aarontran2506 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:36 am
My 5 years qualifying residence starts counting from the day of our marriage, the Settled Scheme doesn't reset that, right?
Correct. You can apply on your fifth wedding anniversary, assuming that you meet the requirements on that date.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.