ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A2 English Test for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Olaola2088
Newly Registered
Ghana

A2 English Test for spouse visa

Post by Olaola2088 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:41 pm

Hello,

I wonder if you could please assist me with my inquiry. My wife successfully extended her spouse visa for another 2.5 years in June 2020 using A2 English test certificate. Unfortunately, she'll need to extend again in few months time as she's yet to clock 5 years due to the fact that she entered UK months after getting her initial spouse visa back in 2018. She'll be 5 years in the UK this August 2023 but her current spouse visa expires in May 2023 so we are planning to extend her current spouse visa by another 2.5 years in May.

My question is would she be able to use the IELTS Life Skills A2 Speaking and Listening test Certificate she got back in June 2020 for her second visa extension again this year in May when she'll apply to extend her spouse visa for the second time considering the test was taken over 2 years ago? Or does she have to take another A2 test this time?

Your support with this would be greatly appreciated as we're a bit unsure as to whether or not she can use the same certificate that was used over 2 years ago.

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: A2 English Test for spouse visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:54 am

Olaola2088 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:41 pm
Hello,

I wonder if you could please assist me with my inquiry. My wife successfully extended her spouse visa for another 2.5 years in June 2020 using A2 English test certificate. Unfortunately, she'll need to extend again in few months time as she's yet to clock 5 years due to the fact that she entered UK months after getting her initial spouse visa back in 2018. She'll be 5 years in the UK this August 2023 but her current spouse visa expires in May 2023 so we are planning to extend her current spouse visa by another 2.5 years in May.

My question is would she be able to use the IELTS Life Skills A2 Speaking and Listening test Certificate she got back in June 2020 for her second visa extension again this year in May when she'll apply to extend her spouse visa for the second time considering the test was taken over 2 years ago? Or does she have to take another A2 test this time? No

Your support with this would be greatly appreciated as we're a bit unsure as to whether or not she can use the same certificate that was used over 2 years ago.

Thank you.
Yes she can reuse the A2 as it was successfully used for an extension previously and if still on the approved list.
Take note that she will need B1 for SET(M) ILR.

Olaola2088
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: A2 English Test for spouse visa

Post by Olaola2088 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:53 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:54 am
Hi Amazonian,

Many thanks for your response, much appreciated. I'll take note of the B1 requirement for ILR as advised.

Thank you for your help with this.