ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport last name change - how to apply for new residency card?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marcoscagliusi90
Newly Registered
Italy

Passport last name change - how to apply for new residency card?

Post by marcoscagliusi90 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:44 am

Hi all,

My wife, Filipina with EU pre-settlement status, has recently changed her last name in her passport. She has reported her last name change (https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... vi-account) and it has been successfully updated online. The problem is that they told us they won't issue a new residence card. This means that her residence card has her old last name and we're worried that this will be a problem at immigration when we travel outside the UK and return.

Does anyone have experience with how to change the residence card's last name? We also asked if she could use the current residence card, but the EU settlement resolution center said that they can't advise on that.

Many thanks!

Marco

Don147
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Passport last name change - how to apply for new residency card?

Post by Don147 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Why don’t you report it lost/stolen and get a replacement instead, so the new one will come in her new surname 🤷🏿‍♂️

marcoscagliusi90
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by marcoscagliusi90 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:12 pm

That's because I believe there must be another way to have it changed unless it is still valid?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:19 am

marcoscagliusi90 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:12 pm
That's because I believe there must be another way to have it changed unless it is still valid?
You have to apply for a new card. As per the official site:

Update, replace or transfer your biometric residence card (BRC)
You can use this form to get a biometric residence card (BRC) if you are in the UK, you have been granted leave under the EU Settlement Scheme and if:

your BRC is lost, stolen or damaged
you have changed your name, nationality, facial appearance, date of birth, or gender
you want to upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme
you want to change from a pre-settled status BRC to a settled status BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme (you can only do this if you have been granted settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme)
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

marcoscagliusi90
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by marcoscagliusi90 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:28 pm

Hi all,

We did as recommended by the previous reply. My wife provided her biometrics in October. It has now been more than 3 months and we haven't received any update on the new residence card. We also can't find a way to contact someone to give an update. Anyone who can help?

marcoscagliusi90
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by marcoscagliusi90 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:42 am

I've called UKVI and they told me there is no way for them or me to get an update on the residence card. How is it possible? It'd now been over 3 months (well over the 8 weeks limit) and still nothing. Anyone with a similar experience?

marcoscagliusi90
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by marcoscagliusi90 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:41 pm

Update from my side: I sent a letter to UKVI update and complaints in Sheffield. It looks like it was the only way to get an update on the residence card issuance. It's crazy that there is no other way...