ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier1 Visa from UK Eng Lang Req Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krish.venugopal

Applying for Tier1 Visa from UK Eng Lang Req Question

Post by krish.venugopal » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi

I am Planning to Apply for Tier1 Visa, I am currently in the UK.

I have done my Bachelors degree from Bangalore University India, I think this comes up in the PBS Calculator provided by the BIA web site.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant
The above link states that English Language Requirement is met if one
holds a degree that was taught in English as confirmed by the UK NARIC database as equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree.

Can someone who has applied for Tier1 from within UK confirm this please.
If someone has graduated from Bangalore University and have applied for Tier1 within UK successfully can they please confirm if they had to provide a certificate or letter from Bangalore University to prove they were taught in English....

Many Thanks

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:07 am

HI Krish,
as per the tier1 general guidence found at the below link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Page 32 of 49 point
189.Where the degree was taken in another country we will always assess it using the points based calculator on our website. The calculator contains information from UK NARIC on whether overseas qualifications are equivalent to United Kingdom Bachelors level or higher.

no need to submit seperate letter from university for english language assement if your degree was found in the Points based caliculator and you have to submit original degree certificate.

krish.venugopal

Post by krish.venugopal » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:26 am

Thanks a lot dingdon
I went through the link
>>
Points-based calculator - your attributes points total is 75
English language

The table shows all of the qualifications you entered earlier in the qualifications section.

If your qualification meets the English language requirement, choose Select and then Next to continue.

If your qualification does not meet the English language requirement, you will not be able to select it.
<<

I was able to Select it for 10 Points required for English language requirement after keying in my Degree Course Details, So looks like no proof is required, except the Original Degree Certificate.

Just to be on the safer side, can any one who had a Degree from Bangalore University confirm that just the Degree Certificate was sufficient, I ask this because some time back in this very forum there were discussions about requirements to obtain a certificate from Bangalore University as proof that the course was in English. (Maybe now the rules have changed.)

Cheers
Krish

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi Venu,

As far as your degree is in the BIA website, u dnt need to worry about it. Because u would be submitting the print of online form with ur application.

But let me check for u, i should have e-mail for the same & let u know.

Are you in uk on workpermit visa!

VJ
krish.venugopal wrote:Thanks a lot dingdon
I went through the link
>>
Points-based calculator - your attributes points total is 75
English language

The table shows all of the qualifications you entered earlier in the qualifications section.

If your qualification meets the English language requirement, choose Select and then Next to continue.

If your qualification does not meet the English language requirement, you will not be able to select it.
<<

I was able to Select it for 10 Points required for English language requirement after keying in my Degree Course Details, So looks like no proof is required, except the Original Degree Certificate.

Just to be on the safer side, can any one who had a Degree from Bangalore University confirm that just the Degree Certificate was sufficient, I ask this because some time back in this very forum there were discussions about requirements to obtain a certificate from Bangalore University as proof that the course was in English. (Maybe now the rules have changed.)

Cheers
Krish

krish.venugopal

Post by krish.venugopal » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Yes I am in UK on WP

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:07 pm

finance or IT
krish.venugopal wrote:Yes I am in UK on WP

kumarb0809
Newly Registered

Same confusion

Post by kumarb0809 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:20 pm

I'm applying from Bangalore VFS. I'm also in the same confusion. I've my Masters Degree from NIT Trichy and it is found in Assessment Tool.

Please let me know, if I need to submit additional letter or not?

Thank you
Kumar

swati46

Post by swati46 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:49 am

If your UNIV comes up in the PBC you do not need to show any letter to meet the English Language requirement

kumarb0809
Newly Registered

Post by kumarb0809 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Thank you swati46 for your reply.

I completed my MCA(Master of Computer Applications) from NIT, Trichy and it comes up in PBC assessment tool. So I'm assuming that I do not require any Letter from my college.

Please let me know, if there is any problem you see.

Thank you
Kumar