ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirements

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madmedman
Pakistan

English language requirements

Post by madmedman » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:20 pm

Dear all,
My apologies if this has been asked before. I have done a search but couldn't find relevant information. My sis, also a doctor, has valid GMC registration and applying for skilled worker visa from her home country. She has received her CoS from the HR. She had done IELTs as a part of GMC registration process >5 years ago. I advised her to call the paid ukvi number and ask as this is a straight forward question but she was apparently told that they didnt know and she needed to ask her immigration adviser.
Anyone has any ideas, will appreciate feedback.

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: English language requirements

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:12 am

madmedman wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:20 pm
Dear all,
My apologies if this has been asked before. I have done a search but couldn't find relevant information. My sis, also a doctor, has valid GMC registration and applying for skilled worker visa from her home country. She has received her CoS from the HR. She had done IELTs as a part of GMC registration process >5 years ago. I advised her to call the paid ukvi number and ask as this is a straight forward question but she was apparently told that they didnt know and she needed to ask her immigration adviser.
Anyone has any ideas, will appreciate feedback.

Thank you.
GMC/professional body registration is different from immigration process. If she did not use the English test result for a successful UKVI application before she will need to do the required English language test to fulfil that requirement for SW visa.