ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aryan2412
Newly Registered
India

Dependant ILR

Post by Aryan2412 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:44 pm

Hi All,

it will be very helpful if some one can shed a light on some of my questions.

I came on student VISA back in Sept 2008, My wife joined me in UK on 13/07/2013 on PBS dependent VISA.
I got ILR on 24/10/2018 on 10 years long residence route,Wife is on Spouse/Partner Leave to remain VISA until 18/04/2023.
Question here is length of her residence in UK is just under 10 years in the sense only 3 months more to complete the 10 years.
is there any threshold on this kind of situation or does homeoffice except this case on 10 years route for ILR?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Dependant ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:26 pm

Your wife needs to apply for an extension under the family route to make up for the shortfall and apply for ILR under the long residence when she is within 28 days of completing her 10-year anniversary.

She can apply under FLR(M) on the last day of her visa expiry using normal standard service but delay her biometrics as much as possible. This should give her up to 45 days. Given that the standard service may take a while, she can then vary her FLR(M) application to SET(LR) if she hit the 28 day mark when her FLR(M) application is still pending
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Aryan2412
Newly Registered
India

Re: Dependant ILR

Post by Aryan2412 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:35 pm

Zimba,

Thank you so much for your reply.