ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's ILR application supporting document requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonphd

ILR queries

Post by londonphd » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:52 pm

Dear All,

I was wondering if someone could help with a few questions I have about my wife's ILR application.

My wife and daughter have lived in the UK since 2011. They entered the UK on a PBS (student) dependent visa. In 2017, I changed my status to ILR and they have since been on Spouse/Partner and Dependent of Leave to Remain visa. I have been a naturalised British citizen since February 2021. My wife and daughter remained on the original visas which end on 28 December 2022. I believe they are eligible for ILR via both the 10-year and 5-year routes.

Which option is easier to apply (i.e. less paperwork involved, quick decision, etc.) and cheaper? 10-year (SET LR) or 5-year (SET O) route?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR queries

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:58 pm

Set(LR) has less paperwork. If they meet the requirements for long residence, including the absence limits, they can apply.

All ILR applications under the immigration rules costs the same. There is no 'cheaper' ILR route for visa holders.

Also, your dependents do NOT qualify for ILR on form SET(O) as they do not hold PBS Dependent visa but switched visa category to FLR(M), which is SET(M) for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:07 pm

Many thanks.
That's my bad, it is SET M then.
With the SET LR route, I believe we will have to submit the applicants' passports to prove a continuous stay in the UK. My wife changed her passport back in 2015, and had to surrender the old one to the embassy in London. We have copies of her old passport. Will this be an issue?
Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:07 pm

londonphd wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:07 pm
Many thanks.
With the SET LR route, I believe we will have to submit the applicants' passports to prove a continuous stay in the UK. My wife changed her passport back in 2015, and had to surrender the old one to the embassy in London. We have copies of her old passport. Will this be an issue?
Thanks.
You're not sending physical documents anywhere, it's done online.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:29 pm

londonphd wrote:
Many thanks.
Thanks.
It won't be an issue, scan and upload as evidence to support the application.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:09 am

meself2 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:07 pm
londonphd wrote:
Many thanks.
Thanks.
Many thanks. It looks like we do not have copies of my wife's very first passport which she used to enter the UK. Not sure what to do.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 am

londonphd wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:09 am
meself2 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:07 pm
londonphd wrote:
Many thanks.
Thanks.
Many thanks. It looks like we do not have copies of my wife's very first passport which she used to enter the UK. Not sure what to do.
If you don't have it, then you don't have it. It's not a deal breaker. Explain in a cover letter.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

londonphd

Wife's ILR application supporting document requirement

Post by londonphd » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:52 pm

Hello all,

I've searched and read some of the existing threads, but could not still find a satisfactory answer to this simple question.
My wife is applying for ILR and is required to submit document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes. We are submitting the scans of kids' photo pages of British passports (they are dual nationals). Would this be ok? or Do we need to scan all pages of the kids' passports?

Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Wife's ILR application supporting document requirement

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:33 pm

londonphd wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:52 pm
Hello all,

I've searched and read some of the existing threads, but could not still find a satisfactory answer to this simple question.
My wife is applying for ILR and is required to submit document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes. We are submitting the scans of kids' photo pages of British passports (they are dual nationals). Would this be ok? or Do we need to scan all pages of the kids' passports?

Thank you!
For immigration status check biodata page of passport is sufficient.

londonphd

Re: Wife's ILR application supporting document requirement

Post by londonphd » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:17 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:33 pm
londonphd wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:52 pm
Hello all,

Thank you!
For immigration status check biodata page of passport is sufficient.
Many thanks.