ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirements for citizens of exempt countries Home office request.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alana7
Grenada

English language requirements for citizens of exempt countries Home office request.

Post by alana7 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:20 pm

I am upgrading my Flr FP to FLR M and the home office sent me an email that my GCSE equivalent results from a country on the exempt list is not proof and I have to access a link and book a test from an approved centre. Needless to say I am confused. I want to send them the link from their own site that clearly shows my country in the exempt list but my British partner says don't be rude.

meself2
Ireland

Re: English language requirements for citizens of exempt countries Home office request.

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:41 pm

are you a national of the exempt country?
Nationalities that are exempt
You will not need to prove your knowledge of English if you’re a citizen of:
[...]
Grenada
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: English language requirements for citizens of exempt countries Home office request.

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:37 pm

alana7 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:20 pm
I am upgrading my Flr FP to FLR M and the home office sent me an email that my GCSE equivalent results from a country on the exempt list is not proof and I have to access a link and book a test from an approved centre. Needless to say I am confused. I want to send them the link from their own site that clearly shows my country in the exempt list but my British partner says don't be rude.
You have not indicated your nationality. And being from an exempt country means you DO NOT need to meet English language test requirements.
What was your purpose for including GCSE equivalent result in your application?

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:21 pm

Sorry yes a Grenadian passport holder but I stupidly included my CXC results it in the education upload section. I am still confused as its been in previous applications (I had a long immigration journey just to get here).

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:07 am

alana7 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:21 pm
Sorry yes a Grenadian passport holder but I stupidly included my CXC results it in the education upload section. I am still confused as its been in previous applications (I had a long immigration journey just to get here).
You may want to reply to the email emphasising that you are from an exempt country and to consider the uploaded GCSE equivalent and error as you do not need to meet English language requirements.

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:02 pm

Thank you. Will do.

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:23 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:07 am
alana7 wrote:
You may want to reply to the email emphasising that you are from an exempt country and to consider the uploaded GCSE equivalent and error as you do not need to meet English language requirements.
Thank you so much I emphasised that I was exempt sending an email with their own guidance from gov.uk and my other additional request and I received the approval today. Standard appointment and only 17 days from biometrics. I waited 8 months and then appealed in January 2021 and the HO withdrew in July 2021 and I got my BRP in October 2021. The email then said LOTR. I have one question they will refund the rest of my IHS from my previous visa as I already made one claim on it as an NHS worker.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:45 pm

alana7 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:23 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:07 am
alana7 wrote:
Thank you so much I emphasised that I was exempt sending an email with their own guidance from gov.uk and my other additional request and I received the approval today. Standard appointment and only 17 days from biometrics. I waited 8 months and then appealed in January 2021 and the HO withdrew in July 2021 and I got my BRP in October 2021. The email then said LOTR. I have one question they will refund the rest of my IHS from my previous visa as I already made one claim on it as an NHS worker.
Congratulations on the successful outcome