ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from within UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rohitys
Mood:

Spouse visa from within UK

Post by rohitys » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:50 am

Hi all,

I’m posting this on behalf of my friend who is unable to create an account on the forum. Below is the query in her own words, any help is highly appreciated

I am a British Citizen who got married to an Indian National in India in Oct 2020. We lived together from then till June 2022.

I relocated to London for a new job in June 2022 and my husband got a Skilled Worker visa from his employer and he has relocated to London in Aug 2022. His Skilled worker visa is valid till 04 September 2025. We have been residing together in a London flat and have a tenancy agreement, council tax bills with both names on them, and a joint bank account for all bills and direct debits. My income does qualify for the minimum requirement of £18.6k pa but I have been employed in London only since June 2022.

We would like him to switch to a spouse/family visa of a UK citizen and FLR(M) seems to be the right option. For me to be a sponsor for my husband's FLR(M) would the last 6 months' income proof, bills and cohabitation proof in London be enough? Or typically would I have to prove both financial and cohabitation proof for a longer duration than six months to successfully apply for an FLR(M)

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa from within UK

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:12 pm

rohitys wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:50 am
Hi all,

I’m posting this on behalf of my friend who is unable to create an account on the forum. Below is the query in her own words, any help is highly appreciated

I am a British Citizen who got married to an Indian National in India in Oct 2020. We lived together from then till June 2022.

I relocated to London for a new job in June 2022 and my husband got a Skilled Worker visa from his employer and he has relocated to London in Aug 2022. His Skilled worker visa is valid till 04 September 2025. We have been residing together in a London flat and have a tenancy agreement, council tax bills with both names on them, and a joint bank account for all bills and direct debits. My income does qualify for the minimum requirement of £18.6k pa but I have been employed in London only since June 2022.

We would like him to switch to a spouse/family visa of a UK citizen and FLR(M) seems to be the right option. For me to be a sponsor for my husband's FLR(M) would the last 6 months' income proof, bills and cohabitation proof in London be enough? Or typically would I have to prove both financial and cohabitation proof for a longer duration than six months to successfully apply for an FLR(M)
Working for the same company for 6 months is fine. She needs to show her letter of appointment which shows that she's employed, letter from her HR stating what her income is and condition of employment i.e permanent or temp. Then 6 months bank statements and payslips. Add all other required documents in the guides, and yes the correct form is FLR(M).
If all other conditions are met, this would reset the time spent in the UK to zero and kickstart the 5 year route to ILR as the spouse of a Brit or Settled person in the UK.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

rohitys
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa from within UK

Post by rohitys » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:58 pm

Thanks for the quick response