ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Visit Visa and Bank Balance

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newjoiner123
Newly Registered

US Visit Visa and Bank Balance

Post by newjoiner123 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:24 pm

Hi All,

I have U.S visitor visa appointment coming up in next 2 weeks. Will be applying B2 visa for myself, partner and Son.

Anyone has any suggestion how much balance i should keep it in my bank statement. I have been maintaining close to 2500£ for the last 3 months. Is that sufficient or they expect more.

Also, what is the latest cut off date for the bank statement if my interview is on 2nd Feb.

I have already booked the ticket and would be staying in our relative's house.

Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: US Visit Visa and Bank Balance

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:23 pm

newjoiner123 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:24 pm
Hi All,

I have U.S visitor visa appointment coming up in next 2 weeks. Will be applying B2 visa for myself, partner and Son.

Anyone has any suggestion how much balance i should keep it in my bank statement. I have been maintaining close to 2500£ for the last 3 months. Is that sufficient or they expect more. That should be fine. It's good practice to go along with a 6 months statement of account. US consular officers don't really care what you have in your account. Nice to have an healthy account regardless. They are mostly concerned about your ties to country of residence. So nice to know that you and your partner are working here in the UK.

Also, what is the latest cut off date for the bank statement if my interview is on 2nd Feb.

I have already booked the ticket and would be staying in our relative's house. Not a good idea to book your ticket in advance. Visa issuance isn't assured. You could end up losing part of your fees paid.

Regards
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

newjoiner123
Newly Registered

Re: US Visit Visa and Bank Balance

Post by newjoiner123 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Thanks for your reply TickTack.