ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set LR application submission date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jrs1984
Mood:

ILR application while PBS Dependent visa application submitted

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:54 pm

Hi All,

Please can I ask if I can submit an application for ILR (10 years route) while an application to HO for PBS dependent is already submitted for processing?

Detail - My wife is applying for her PBS visa from within UK with me as her dependent, we both are in the UK. Her visa work from company is just started as her current visa expires 22 Jan 2023 (and so does mine as her dependent).

- I will however be eligible to submit my ILR application on 06th Jan 2023 (10 year minus 28 days) - so I am trying to understand if I can still go ahead while PBS dependent is under processing - in essence two applications for me active at same time?

The reason to have me listed as dependent is merely to secure a confirmed leave just in case ILR application face any issues.

Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR application while PBS Dependent visa application submitted

Post by meself2 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:07 pm

As far as I know, you can't keep both applications up at the same time, so if you put in an ILR applications, it'll be a variation of your other one.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vary-your-i ... pplication
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:42 pm

Advice given above is correct. You cannot have multiple pending applications. You can apply for a new application which will be a variation of the pending one
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jrs1984
Mood:

Set LR form queries

Post by jrs1984 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:46 pm

Hi people,

I am applying for Set LR application under 10 year continuous route by myself and I am confused with some of the questions, please can you help?

1. How long have you lived in the UK? I am applying 28 days before 10 year completion, so shall I put 9 years 11 months or 10 years 0 months?

2. English Language - Although I did my Undergrad from home country in English language, I haven't done the Ecctis but rather secured GESE B1 from Trinity college. Can I mark Degree taught in English as No and move to alternative question to submit B1 as approved English language test?

3. Home office Ref number for previous applications - I tried putting the application number for previous visas in the form but the form doesn't accept the value. What reference number is this and where to get it? I have received SAR copy from HO but couldn't find a suitable reference.

4. Do you have any family (and friends in another question) in your country of birth .... where you lived for more than 5 years? Provide details - I have my parents and sister's family in home country, what information should I be providing to not impact the application please. And, what about friends? What details are expected - just names or address, identities etc.

5. Are you part of any social groups or do you have any cultural ties in your country of birth .... where you lived for more than 5 years? Provide details - I am not part of any social group and only cultural ties are for celebrating religious holidays in UK. What should be the ideal response?

6. Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? (best interest of children, medical etc.) - I have a 3 year old and wife in UK. Wife works too. Haven't purchases a house. No medical need. What details should I be giving so to have no wrong influence on the application?

Thank you all.

jrs1984
Mood:

Post by jrs1984 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:51 pm

Thank you all.

Since both are happening at the same time, I have decided to go ahead with ILR application instead, as that's something I have to do anyway.

A stupid question - God forbid, if my ILR application is rejected (there is no reason I can think of why that should happen but bear with me), what will be my options to remain in the UK legally. Can I apply for dependent visa on the next day without legal implication? Are you given a grace period with rejections to question, reapply etc.? This is tied to my Right to work so a bit nervous.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Set LR form queries

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:24 pm

jrs1984 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Hi people,

I am applying for Set LR application under 10 year continuous route by myself and I am confused with some of the questions, please can you help?

1. How long have you lived in the UK? I am applying 28 days before 10 year completion, so shall I put 9 years 11 months or 10 years 0 months?

2. English Language - Although I did my Undergrad from home country in English language, I haven't done the Ecctis but rather secured GESE B1 from Trinity college. Can I mark Degree taught in English as No and move to alternative question to submit B1 as approved English language test? Correct

3. Home office Ref number for previous applications - I tried putting the application number for previous visas in the form but the form doesn't accept the value. What reference number is this and where to get it? I have received SAR copy from HO but couldn't find a suitable reference.

4. Do you have any family (and friends in another question) in your country of birth .... where you lived for more than 5 years? Provide details - I have my parents and sister's family in home country, what information should I be providing to not impact the application please. And, what about friends? What details are expected - just names or address, identities etc. Names and relationship

5. Are you part of any social groups or do you have any cultural ties in your country of birth .... where you lived for more than 5 years? Provide details - I am not part of any social group and only cultural ties are for celebrating religious holidays in UK. What should be the ideal response?
There is no ideal response and the question is probably of no consequence so respond as it applies to yourself
6. Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? (best interest of children, medical etc.) - I have a 3 year old and wife in UK. Wife works too. Haven't purchases a house. No medical need. What details should I be giving so to have no wrong influence on the application? respond as it applies to yourself

Thank you all.

jrs1984
Mood:

Set LR application submission date

Post by jrs1984 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:17 pm

Hi, I came to UK on 03rd Feb 2013 and living continuously. As per 28 days rule for 10 years, I become eligible for ILR on 07 Jan 2023.
Please may I know if I can submit the application prior to 07th Jan 2023 (say today) and reserve a biometric date when I become eligible (say 10 Jan 2023).

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set LR application submission date

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:19 pm

The date of application is the date you submit and pay online. It is not the biometric appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jrs1984
Mood:

Post by jrs1984 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:51 pm

Thanks,
I was referring to this response here -
indefinite-leave-to-remain/date-of-appi ... 93665.html

Does that mean even I have submitted my application today (which I have done unfortunately), I could still go for my biometric on 10th Jan and my application would be valid (as on the day of decision i.e. biometric date as super priority), I would be within 28 days period?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:18 pm

jrs1984 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:51 pm
Thanks,
I was referring to this response here -
indefinite-leave-to-remain/date-of-appi ... 93665.html

Does that mean even I have submitted my application today (which I have done unfortunately), I could still go for my biometric on 10th Jan and my application would be valid (as on the day of decision i.e. biometric date as super priority), I would be within 28 days period?
Correct. Your ILR eligibility is determined based on whether you have the required lawful residence on the day of the decision.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jrs1984
Mood:

Post by jrs1984 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:48 pm

Hi All,

First of all, thank you for your support, as my Set LR application was approved today. (super priority)

I have a question w.r.t. my right to work. As the BRP may take around 10 days to arrive, how can I prove my right to work to my employer as my current BRP expires on 22 Jan?

I am trying gov uk online service, where I get 3 options -
  • I have a UK Visas and Immigration account
- This option doesn't work as it doesnt recognise my home country passport or existing BRP detail
  • I have status under the EU Settlement Scheme
- This option is not applicable for me
  • I have a biometric residence card or permit
- This option, I provide my existing BRP so right to work shows only until 22 Jan.

How can I keep my employer updated?

Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:11 pm

jrs1984 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:48 pm
Hi All,

First of all, thank you for your support, as my Set LR application was approved today. (super priority)

I have a question w.r.t. my right to work. As the BRP may take around 10 days to arrive, how can I prove my right to work to my employer as my current BRP expires on 22 Jan?

I am trying gov uk online service, where I get 3 options -
  • I have a UK Visas and Immigration account
- This option doesn't work as it doesnt recognise my home country passport or existing BRP detail
  • I have status under the EU Settlement Scheme
- This option is not applicable for me
  • I have a biometric residence card or permit
- This option, I provide my existing BRP so right to work shows only until 22 Jan.

How can I keep my employer updated?

Thanks.
You continue to use your current BRP till it expires. Show your approval letter to your employers. Anyone in their right frame of mind would give you more time to get your BRP delivered to you.

Until you get your BRP with the number detailed on it, I'm afraid you can't check it on the system.
Even those that have their BRP, still have glitches on the system form time to time.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

jrs1984
Mood:

Post by jrs1984 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:53 pm

Ok, I will check on that line and hopefully employer's needs are sufficed. Cheers.

jrs1984
Mood:

Post by jrs1984 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:04 pm

Well my employer went ahead with the ECS checks and received a positive feedback from HO - so they (employer) granted me an employment extension for 6 months by when I have to provide my share code. Unfortunately, the share code to prove RTW is showing wrong data so hopefully I will keep following up with UKVI on the technical issue and to get this sorted.

I have a question in the meantime, different to RTW, but its just me thinking ahead -
Now that I have my ILR granted in Jan'23 and my son applying MN1, only my wife remains. She is on PBS and will complete her 10 years in UK in Mar'24. Assuming that I am able to apply successfully for naturalisation by her Set LR eligibility, what would be the route available for my wife -
a) Will she have to get ILR first and wait 1 year for naturalisation, OR
b) Once getting ILR, can she directly apply for naturalisation without 1 year wait, assuming I become a British citizen by then, OR
c) There won't be any need for ILR, and she can directly apply for naturalisation once I become British citizen.

My guess would be "a)" like the route I am in, but not sure.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:08 pm

Please ask your British citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum. These question have no relevance to your ILR topic or the ILR sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jrs1984
Mood:

Post by jrs1984 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:00 pm

Ok, thanks