ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name on birth certificate longer than the name on application form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Boliboli760
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Name on birth certificate longer than the name on application form

Post by Boliboli760 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:57 pm

Hello,
I just got an update about my application and they are requesting my child's Original birth certificate. If the name on the birth certificate is longer than the name we put on the application. Will that be a problem?Cos I am pretty sure I uploaded the certificate before on UKVI website.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Name on birth certificate longer than the name on application form

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:45 pm

Boliboli760 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:57 pm
Hello,
I just got an update about my application and they are requesting my child's Original birth certificate. If the name on the birth certificate is longer than the name we put on the application. Will that be a problem?Cos I am pretty sure I uploaded the certificate before on UKVI website.
Not a problem, provided that child's passport shows the name that you've added to the application.
Some BC's might have names like William and later shortened to Will or Bill. James shortened to Jim.

Based on your flag, Nigerians always have a prefix before their names like Olatunde later shortened to Tunde or Olayiwola later shortened to Layi or Wola. Oluwasegun turns to Segun.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Boliboli760
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Boliboli760 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:57 pm

Thank you Ticktack for your quick reply.

It is more like having the following names on certificate; "Muhammed Bola John Ahmed BUHARI" BUT shortened to the following in application "Muhammed Bola Buhari" . I did that as I assumed this will be easy to print on BRP.
Ticktack wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:45 pm
Boliboli760 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:57 pm
Hello,
Not a problem, provided that child's passport shows the name that you've added to the application.
Some BC's might have names like William and later shortened to Will or Bill. James shortened to Jim.

Based on your flag, Nigerians always have a prefix before their names like Olatunde later shortened to Tunde or Olayiwola later shortened to Layi or Wola. Oluwasegun turns to Segun.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:39 pm

I hope that is an example name you have used and nit the child's real name. Please confirm.

It is not up to you to decide in an application about shortening a name to fit on a brp card. UKVI will only issue visas etc based on the applicants official name on official documentation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Boliboli760
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Boliboli760 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:10 pm

Yes it is an example name.

Will affect the application or make it invalid?
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:39 pm
I hope that is an example name you have used and nit the child's real name. Please confirm.

It is not up to you to decide in an application about shortening a name to fit on a brp card. UKVI will only issue visas etc based on the applicants official name on official documentation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:42 pm

They have asked for the Birth certificate so will continue processing the application but will likely just cause a delay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Boliboli760
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Boliboli760 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:45 pm

Such a relieve, thank you.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:42 pm
They have asked for the Birth certificate so will continue processing the application but will likely just cause a delay.