ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying us visit visa as family when two of us have british passport and one don't

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shreehari
Nepal

applying us visit visa as family when two of us have british passport and one don't

Post by shreehari » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:51 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
we are planning to visit US sometime during this year ....Me and my Daughter have british passport , where as my wife has UK residency (indefinite leave to remain).
In this case how would be go about , applying the visa for my wife and what documents we need , as she is currently a house maker , can she show my documents .....Please let us know ...how to go about it.
Can we apply as a family group ?

Thanks,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: applying us visit visa as family when two of us have british passport and one don't

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:33 pm

shreehari wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:51 pm
Dear Sir/Madam,
we are planning to visit US sometime during this year ....Me and my Daughter have british passport , where as my wife has UK residency (indefinite leave to remain).
In this case how would be go about , applying the visa for my wife and what documents we need , as she is currently a house maker , can she show my documents .....Please let us know ...how to go about it.
Can we apply as a family group ?

Thanks,
Yes, you can apply as a group if you so wished, but it isn't a requirement for Brits. Brits that usually apply for US visas are those that have not been granted a visa waiver ESTA.

Yourself and daughter are in a better position to get an ESTA instead of a visa (sticker) both are valid for 2 years. Visa allows you to stay for 6 months whilst you can only stay for 3 months on ESTA.

Your wife can apply for a US visa by paying the MRV fees which is valid for 1 year, fill the DS-160 form, and book an interview date. Interview dates currently stand at about 90 days wait time currently. So the earlier you start the better.
You would need to know where you're going and where you plan on staying.

She can use your documents. She can go along with her bank account and yours (6 months). She can also go along with your passport, to show why her family isn't applying with her.

On a side note, why hasn't your wife applied for British Citizenship? It make travel easier.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

shreehari
Nepal

Re: applying us visit visa as family when two of us have british passport and one don't

Post by shreehari » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:20 pm

Ah cool ...Thanks a lot for the info ! will definitely check it out.
My wife hasn't applied for British passport , as she doesnt want to loose the nationality of the original country ...but agree that would have made it so much easier :)