ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Bank statement query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Bank statement query

Post by confusedukdesi » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:58 pm

Hello experts,

Many thanks firstly, for all the support you have given me and all the other members on this forum.

My wife has now completed 2.5 year on her Spouse Visa (route to 5yr settlement) and we are applying for the 2.5 yr extension. I have all documents required and meet the financial requirements.

However, there's been a small hiccup. My latest back statement for Jul22 was not generated and HSBC are saying this could be due to not enough transactions being made from the account. I mainly use this for my salary and use another account for expenses, so there are not many transactions made. I visited the branch and requested them for a letter or to stamp an online copy of transactions statement from internet banking but they refused to so.

As I understand, UKVI need recent bank statements (not older than 28 days), however my last proper statement is from 22 June 2022. I have printed an online copy from internet banking for July 2022 and it shows all transactions up to 1st August 2022, will this suffice? It doesn't show my name but has the account numer and sort code etc.

Should I add something in my sponsor letter to clarify this or would it be best not to? Was thinking of the excerpt below
"We have taken every effort to provide all documents required as part of the application. However, my most recent HSBC personal account bank statement (July 22) was not generated by HSBC. Upon enquiring with the bank, they mentioned this could be due to not many transactions made on the account. HSBC advised downloading an online copy (uploaded with this application), from my HSBC internet banking portal showing recent transactions up until 2nd August to work around this issue. All previous HSBC statements have been provided and I hope the online statement for July 22 is acceptable to you. Please do get in touch (email/phone) with me if this is required as HSBC have assured me the next statement will be generated and posted to me by 25th Aug 2022 and I can provide this should you require it. I sincerely hope you appreciate this completely unexpected situation and consider the online statement as proof.
"

Also, is my understanding correct that we are not reuired to complete VAF 4 or any other forms, when applying for extension from within UK?

Any advice appreciated.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Bank statement query

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 am

confusedukdesi wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:58 pm
Hello experts,

Many thanks firstly, for all the support you have given me and all the other members on this forum.

My wife has now completed 2.5 year on her Spouse Visa (route to 5yr settlement) and we are applying for the 2.5 yr extension. I have all documents required and meet the financial requirements.

However, there's been a small hiccup. My latest back statement for Jul22 was not generated and HSBC are saying this could be due to not enough transactions being made from the account. I mainly use this for my salary and use another account for expenses, so there are not many transactions made. I visited the branch and requested them for a letter or to stamp an online copy of transactions statement from internet banking but they refused to so.It's not exactly a problem to be worried about. But I get it.

As I understand, UKVI need recent bank statements (not older than 28 days), however my last proper statement is from 22 June 2022. I have printed an online copy from internet banking for July 2022 and it shows all transactions up to 1st August 2022, will this suffice? It doesn't show my name but has the account numer and sort code etc.

Should I add something in my sponsor letter to clarify this or would it be best not to? Was thinking of the excerpt below
"We have taken every effort to provide all documents required as part of the application. However, my most recent HSBC personal account bank statement (July 22) was not generated by HSBC. Upon enquiring with the bank, they mentioned this could be due to not many transactions made on the account. HSBC advised downloading an online copy (uploaded with this application), from my HSBC internet banking portal showing recent transactions up until 2nd August to work around this issue. All previous HSBC statements have been provided and I hope the online statement for July 22 is acceptable to you. Please do get in touch (email/phone) with me if this is required as HSBC have assured me the next statement will be generated and posted to me by 25th Aug 2022 and I can provide this should you require it. I sincerely hope you appreciate this completely unexpected situation and consider the online statement as proof.
"You can add all that. Everything is online anyways and the online statement should suffice.

Also, is my understanding correct that we are not reuired to complete VAF 4 or any other forms, when applying for extension from within UK? The online form would signpost you to all that is required.

Any advice appreciated.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:20 am

Thank you TickTack. That's reassuring.

I am just thinking it might be better to not mention it specifically, as you said most banking is now online anyway.

Any idea how much time do we have for document upload. I read somewhere up until biometric appointment, but do we know how many hours\days prior to the appointment does the document upload window close?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:07 am

confusedukdesi wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:20 am
Thank you TickTack. That's reassuring.

I am just thinking it might be better to not mention it specifically, as you said most banking is now online anyway.

Any idea how much time do we have for document upload. I read somewhere up until biometric appointment correct, but do we know how many hours\days prior to the appointment does the document upload window close? Wonder why you want to narrow it to the latest hours, contact HO for such specifics

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:52 pm

Thank you AmazonianX.

Ha ha, I know it sounds weird. Was playing with the idea that I could book abiometric appointment to time with my next bank statement on 22nd Aug 2022. Anyways, just overthinking here I guess. HO's tyrancy in the past means we are all just paranoid about the whole process.

Thanks anyways.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:14 pm

Hi all,

Quick question.

Do we need to upload all documents for dependents as well, on the same application? Sponsor, Accomodation, Relationship and Finance documents.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:27 pm

Hi experts,

Just needed some guidance on how to contact UKVI for an update. Please see below timeline for first extension applied for spouse and 2 children.

Application Type: FLR(M) Extension (Standard)
Application Submitted on : 09/08/2022
Biometric appointment: 03/09/2022 (free appointment)
Application decision : Pending
Documents requested (via email): none
Decision of Application: Pending

I did receive an email from UKVCAS that all documents have been successfully submitted to UKVI on 3rd September, same day as Biometric appointment.

Since then, we haven't received any comms from UKVI or UKVCAS. To make sure, I did everything right, I logged back into UKVI with my application details and it's coming up with the page that says

"Further actions you must complete" and it then has links to consent forms, booking appointment with UKVCAS etc. Is this expected behaviour as we have attended biometrics appointment? Just trying to make sure if I submitted the application correctly, as I have no idea why there is such a delay in processing.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:17 pm

Hi experts,

Please can someone comment on my query. We are still waiting for a decision since September, when we attended the biometrics appointment.

When I log back into my application, I still see the "Further Actions to complete" screen, although I've done all of that - Downloading consent form, attending biometric appointment etc. I don't see any buttons on the page to mark them as complete.

Please can someone confirm there is nothing else I need to do.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:29 pm

confusedukdesi wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:17 pm
Hi experts,

Please can someone comment on my query. We are still waiting for a decision since September, when we attended the biometrics appointment.

When I log back into my application, I still see the "Further Actions to complete" screen, although I've done all of that - Downloading consent form, attending biometric appointment etc. I don't see any buttons on the page to mark them as complete.

Please can someone confirm there is nothing else I need to do.
No one is commenting cause there's really nothing to tell you apart from the fact that you need to wait.
It could take up to 6 months.
If there was an issue, you would be contacted by the HO. Worrying isn't exactly going to help you.

You still have future applications to make, so you better start getting used to the slow nature of the application process.

It's the nature of the beast!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:17 am

confusedukdesi wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:17 pm
Hi experts,

Please can someone confirm there is nothing else I need to do. As of now there is nothing else for you to do beside exercise patience while you await the decision on your application.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:57 pm

Many thanks ticktack, Amazonianx.

That puts my mind to rest..was concerned if the application was completed fine and all steps from my side are done. Hopefully, we'll get a positive decision soon.